Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

M35 SS DD Stahlhelm

Article about: Following are a series of photos of the M35. Hopefully this will give more clarity to those offering their opinions on the veraciity of the helmet. It may be difficult to see in the photos b

Default Re: M35 SS DD Stahlhelm

[QUOTE=reichss;409018]"Thank you all for your collective wisdom in evaluating this helmet
    I purchased this helmet from a well known American collector couple nine years ago who do the circuit of relevent shows buying and selling. I wont mention their names, but I believe they would recognised by some members."

Okay, I am not that bright, and confess that now I am really confused. This is my problem. In post 1 you professed to have air tight bullet proof provenance and then in post 14, and again in post 17, I could have sworn you told us that you acquired this directly from a French relative, your wife's uncle, in 1977. Now you tell us that you bought it from a dealer in 2002. Which is it? Why the fairy tale in the beginning, and middle, of the thread? Just curious. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 11-15-2011 at 08:27 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35  SS DD Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

[QUOTE=helmet2id;409083]
    Quote by reichss View Post
    "Thank you all for your collective wisdom in evaluating this helmet
    I purchased this helmet from a well known American collector couple nine years ago who do the circuit of relevent shows buying and selling. I wont mention their names, but I believe they would recognised by some members."

Okay, I am not that bright, and confess that now I am really confused. This is my problem. In post 1 you professed to have air tight bullet proof provenance and then in post 14, and again in post 17, I could have sworn you told us that you acquired this directly from a French relative, your wife's uncle, in 1977. Now you tell us that you bought it from a dealer in 2002. Which is it? Why the fairy tale in the beginning, and middle, of the thread? Just curious. Jim G.
    Well said Jim

Phill

Was thinking exactly the same thing.

?

Im now confused more than ever, different stories each time and fake helmets, none of this is adding up, if one of the guys on the forum told me i had a fake SS helmet and gave me all the reasons why, bearing in mind that there are some of the best there is in collecting SS equipment, caps and helmets on this forum, id be lax in not listening, especially where my moneys concerned, secondly i would do all in my power to name and shame the sellers, as it seems to me that they are all coming from the same outlet, next ,i would be after a complete refund for all the helmets id bought off them

Quote by reichss View Post
    Thank you all for your collective wisdom in evaluating this helmet, I accept it is a reproduction camo and decal . I know I made an error when typing in M35, what can I say.

I purchased this helmet from a well known American collector couple nine years ago who do the circuit of relevent shows buying and selling. I wont mention their names, but I believe they would recognised by some members.

Seeing photos of their extraordinary collection and purchasing other bona fide items from them I would have trusted their integrity and knowledge, so, there you are.
    Can you say who sold it to you?

?

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Can you say who sold it to you?
    This question was asked, what, half a dozen times on GHW as well without a reply.

Jim, there you have it, went from bulletproof provenance to family heirloom to American collector. Brad has been showing off the rarest of the rare of helmets and other SS goodies both here and GHW, all have been fake or humped up at best. Never does he get upset that these are fake, rather there are excuses and arguments as to why it could be, should be, would be real. This is fine after 1 or 2 things but its really tiresome now, collectors are taking their time to assist with commentary and try to help a collector who is obviously way off base but it really is a waste of time.

[QUOTE=WOODSNAKE;409117]
    Quote by helmet2id View Post

Well said Jim

Phill
    Just wondering Phill, what do you agree with, the part about the piece, or where I say that I am not too bright! Just kidding! Regarding the subject of the thread, at first I was sympathetic, but... I just read each of Brad's other threads, and the items in every one are either fake or, at best, humped up. Too bad, but I think enough time has been spent by us all, without any benefit to anyone, and since it appears that the identity of the seller(s) of this trash will not be disclosed, I would hope that the Moderators could lock the thread now so we can move on to other topics. Cheers, Jim G.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4