Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M35 SS Helmet for Review Pls

Article about: Not just a fake, but an easy one to spot.

Default M35 SS Helmet for Review Pls

Evening guys

A friend of mine has had this helm for while, its a Q64, lot number 20794. I am not sure about it, i am working away from home at the moment, no books or reference with me, what do you think? The liner is not original to the helm, As always, opinions greatly appreciated !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS Helmet for Review Pls
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 SS Helmet for Review Pls

Im the complete opposite to an expert but to me that decal looks very fake

?

IMHO it's bad. Looks like a "pimped" relic helmet and the liner is not original to the helmet. Rust pitting. I am not "into" SS decals so i will stand down from that one.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    IMHO it's bad. Looks like a "pimped" relic helmet and the liner is not original to the helmet. Rust pitting. I am not "into" SS decals so i will stand down from that one.

Regards, Lars
    Yeah the more i looked at the paint it does look very pitted and the decal doesnt look good the more i study it !

The decal looks somewhat convincing to me. I'm leaning towards the decal might be good. The helmet is a reissue, and I can see the remnants of what might be another SS decal underneath the present one. Best wait for Doug in my opinion.

Corey

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Yeah the more i looked at the paint it does look very pitted and the decal doesnt look good the more i study it !
    I know what you mean. You post and then the reason for posting shrinks the more you look at your own pics I have tried that a few times

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    The decal looks somewhat convincing to me. I'm leaning towards the decal might be good. The helmet is a reissue, and I can see the remnants of what might be another SS decal underneath the present one. Best wait for Doug in my opinion.

Corey
    I would go as far as saying i can see "white wash"/winter camo. Still a relic lid to me. With a post war applied liner.

Regards, Lars

- - Updated - -

Quote by cgp1066 View Post

Corey
    I would go as far as saying i can see "white wash"/winter camo. Still a relic lid to me. With a post war applied liner. I will agree the decal somehow looks convincing, but i am not a decal guy.

Regards, Lars

Yeah the liner is not original to the helmet, knew that, but the paint on it and marks around the decal did concern me, but the decal does have me stumped.

The helm does have writing in the skirt, soldiers name and number and 10/SS Pz Gren Rgt 22

?

Clearly not a Q decal so presumably a Pocher reissue if it was correct which in my opinion it is not , it almost looks painted and look at the bottom of the right hand decal !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Unfortunately it is a bad runic decal, sorry.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast