Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 ss q66 1944

Article about: Opinions appreciated, this is not one of mine but a friends. Appears to be a nice Quist M35 SS former double decal. However the liner is no doubt late war, the split pins are dated to pre 19

Default M35 ss q66 1944

Opinions appreciated, this is not one of mine but a friends. Appears to be a nice Quist M35 SS former double decal. However the liner is no doubt late war, the split pins are dated to pre 1940 and everything else seems good but the pins have been out a time or two from what I could see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 ss q66 1944   M35 ss q66 1944  

M35 ss q66 1944   M35 ss q66 1944  

M35 ss q66 1944  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ss q66 1944
    P
    Many

Hi ,it looks a as though it is a good Quist decal, it has the un-even details to the points of the runes that I would expect to see on a Quist. Also the positioning of the runes is correct to the "break" of the shield. The wear of the helmet is also consistent to the remaining decal, so that's the good news. The bad news is that I agree with you that the liner is a replacement, and I would suggest that it is an original liner that has been post war applied as it shows no wear/use whatsoever (unlike the shell). I like it though, I think I would personally take out the mis-match liner. Leon.

?

Qood Q pattern decal. What gives you the notion the pins have been out?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Qood Q pattern decal. What gives you the notion the pins have been out?
    I didn't photograph it but the rear pin in particular looks like it has been bent several times. I was told the liner band is dated 1943 but I did not check it myself.

?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    I didn't photograph it but the rear pin in particular looks like it has been bent several times. I was told the liner band is dated 1943 but I did not check it myself.
    OK gotcha. Its possible. Liner system could have been updated later on in the field or maybe post war added, who knows for sure unless one has it in hand I guess.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    OK gotcha. Its possible. Liner system could have been updated later on in the field or maybe post war added, who knows for sure unless one has it in hand I guess.
    There is no telling when it was done and may very well be original war time. Thanks for all the input.

Looks like Bill Shea's photography? Nice helmet but he can be pricey.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Looks like Bill Shea's photography? Nice helmet but he can be pricey.
    The photography is mine I'm afraid. The owner is in Dallas and does have the helmet for sale but I want an all original SS. I told him I thought the helmet and decal were good but that the liner ruined it for me.

Hi Logitex, I have a Q66 double decal SS, lot number 1944 that also has a steel liner which I am confident was period installed. I started a thread on that one last January. The paint and decal on this one are good and the liner may very well have been period installed as well, perhaps a field replacement. When I get home from work I will add a few shots of mine for comparison. Jim G.

?

I almost bought a smiliar example with an updated liner system. Check the other pins as well. You may have only one double folded pin. I wouldnt be surprised if a double folded pin was period done. I highly doubt every pin was perfectly placed, just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast