Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 ss q66 1944

Article about: Opinions appreciated, this is not one of mine but a friends. Appears to be a nice Quist M35 SS former double decal. However the liner is no doubt late war, the split pins are dated to pre 19

Here are the comparison shots of my Q66 lot # 1944 lid. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 ss q66 1944   M35 ss q66 1944  

M35 ss q66 1944   M35 ss q66 1944  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ss q66 1944
    P
    Many

your Lids are great Jim,its always a pleasure to view them...............

?

I remember this one Jim. Nice one.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Logitex, I have a Q66 double decal SS, lot number 1944 that also has a steel liner which I am confident was period installed. I started a thread on that one last January. The paint and decal on this one are good and the liner may very well have been period installed as well, perhaps a field replacement. When I get home from work I will add a few shots of mine for comparison. Jim G.
    Hi Jim, I have no issue with liners being period upgrade/changed in any helmet, I would only question this one because the wear to the steel is heavy but the liner is almost untouched. I note that your one has a super match to the overall wear, I to would also assume that your one is a period replacement. Leon.

?

I am positive I have had this Q in hand (not Jim's) at one time probably at an SOS. The helmet is a good one, there is no question it is a former DD Q with the party shield removed. As for the liner, I have to agree, there is no way to know when it was replaced but that said the helmet has been through the mill a few times and so a period liner replacement is logical as Jim has said, however the price would have to be commensurate with that unless this has direct vet provenance and can be shown to be unmessed with. Otherwise a good Q no worries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2