Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?

Article about: by SSamir I see noone has replied, is it that serious??? I have seen lesser fights at the religion forums. Everyone here needs to lighten up, its only the internet. I am lightened up. You sh

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Hi Wil,

A touched up reproduction SS decal.

Lot numbers alone won't give you a definitive branch, but they can provide us with clues. =)

What's the lot, maker, and size?

Samir
    It appears to be an EF64, lot number 2X006 with the X appearing to be an 8.

I have to respectfully disagree Samir. A lot number has no bearing on what service branch a helmet might be. Only what service branch a recorded helmet is.

Ergo. If this helmet has an SS lot number twin it doesn't give any clues that this helmet then is also an SS. Only that there is another out there that is an SS. This helmet could be anything and even if it had a lot number twin, it doesn't make it an SS helmet.

Being what appears to be an EF M35 it is highly unlikely it was ever a factory SS as so precious EF M35 helmets few ever were designated for the SS.

Cheers
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?
    P
    Many

"Not being a helmet collector is why I post these; I simply just don't know." - allIknew

At bare minimum, please, attempt to learn. It seems to me you refuse to learn anything, regardless of how simple or how many times its been told to you. It also seems that you use this forum only for your personal authenticator. Do you even read the informative threads? Believe it or not, it will save you more time to do so. This way you won't have to post every piece of sh*t item that you come across, and form your own accurate opinion.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 10-02-2013 at 09:34 PM.

well guys, I don't know why the personal attack; don't know what I've done to any of you.

I thought I had a straight-forward question going on what I do know (I've been told wrong, I thought a lot number would determine what branch of service this helmet came from)

Yes, the decal isn't authentic, but I thought it may be touched-up on top of an original. My question (as I do believe the helmet is authentic still, not the decal) was if the lot number was on an original SS shell.

Sorry I asked for crying out loud!

William Kramer

?

What personal attacks William?

I simply replied asking you to do some of your own research as the decal reference section is pinned here and has been pinned here for some time and corrected your assumption on lot numbers.

I also mentioned the exact same thing in a humorous way in your last now closed SS decal Is It Real thread, that perhaps the reference section should be taken down as it obviously is of no importance or assistance when the most brutal of fakes are posted by a senior member of the forum.

Looking at your threads, nearly all 117 of them, ( I believe it was 110 out of 117) begin with NEED HELP, QUESTION, or URGENT followed by a question that goes like - Does this XXXXX I bought from a guy who had nothing but fakes have a chance? The thread usually has postage stamp sized photos that are blurry. But even then the fakes are so bad that most experienced collectors can tell the fakes when posted by you.

The only other thread that stood out among the threads asking about every sort of junk SS and TR piece of paraphernalia on the planet was a complaint that your Post Count is disappearing. Who gives a shit about post count? It is meaningless as are the stupid little green "reputation" dots that somehow magically reappeared after I resigned as a moderator here. Again, not a personal attack. Merely a stating an observation and opinion about how post counts and green reputation dots are utterly meaningless yet they influence others into believing that person X knows what they are talking about because they have 50,000 posts and a line of green rep dots as far as the eye can see.

So tell me if this is a personal attack:

Go to the SS Decal Reference thread and ask yourself does anything in there remotely look like these? Then read the thread to find out why.

Attachment 577071

Attachment 577072

If that is a personal attack then you need a thicker skin or a different hobby. That is also not a personal attack btw.

If you are serious about collecting then why post whatever crap you come across and throw up on the wall to see what sticks?

Or am I correct in my assumption that you troll around looking for anything SS / TR without the foggiest idea as to what your looking at you can buy cheap and sell high for that you dont want for yourself? That the junk thing you post might actually not be worth $10 but $10,000?

Sorry William. Thats what it looks like after seeing endless Is It Real threads coming from your way. And that is also not a personal attack, these are merely observations.

It just seems we are being used here.

edit-- added in the stuff about post count.
    Last edited by DougB; 10-02-2013 at 09:03 PM.

?

Hi Doug,

Thats why I said the lot number will not give us definitive answers to what branch.

- - Updated - -

All I said was they can provide us clues. =)

?

William, no worries. We can gang up on the Canadian. Its 2 against 1. He doesnt stand a chance. Doug, we are gonna tag team on yo azzz! ; )

?

All I said was they can provide us clues. =)
    Hi Samir,

This is what I am saying I respectfully disagree with. That really there are no clues with lot numbers, they simply do not refer to service branch ergo cannot give any hints or clues as to what another one with the same lot number is.

As William was told that they can by someone who is misinformed, I want to make sure the record is crystal clear for members. No clues. No hints. Lot numbers are not service branch related in the least bit.

Cheers
    Doug

- - Updated - -

William, no worries. We can gang up on the Canadian. Its 2 against 1. He doesnt stand a chance. Doug, we are gonna tag team on yo azzz! ; )
    Gang away.

?

I see noone has replied, is it that serious??? I have seen lesser fights at the religion forums. Everyone here needs to lighten up, its only the internet.

?

Ok, I see now what your trying to say. You put it better than I did. As u know, I can be terrible at explaining things. I am a foreigner here, thank you everyone and I won't stay here longer than I should.

?

Ok, I see now what your trying to say. You put it better than I did. As u know, I can be terrible at explaining things. I am a foreigner here, thank you everyone and I won't stay here longer than I should.
    Yes I am trying to be precise as precision in this hobby is a must. Just trying to be clear as a bell. Are you moving Samir?
    Cheers
    Doug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast