Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40

Article about: First-time poster. Not a fraud. I have several items that my father brought back from the war. One of them is what I think is an M40. I would like some help with the identification, and some

?

Default M40

First-time poster. Not a fraud.

I have several items that my father brought back from the war. One of them is what I think is an M40.

I would like some help with the identification, and some thoughts on what value I should ask for it. If you need better pictures of specific areas please let me know.

M40M40M40M40M40M40M40M40

Thank you.
    Michael Gauss
    Louisville, Ky

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40
    P
    Many

A very nice neck stamped complete no decal M40 Q in near unissued condition. I like it very much. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 05-13-2015 at 01:48 AM.

Welcome to the forum Michael

Looks like your father helped liberate a depot, nice looking lid!

?

Looks like a rear stamped Q66 Luftwaffe blue in excellent condition. I would value it at $700-$800.

Regards
    Samir

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Looks like a rear stamped Q66 Luftwaffe blue in excellent condition. I would value it at $700-$800.

Regards
    Samir
    Is that a full blown retail number Samir?

I know KenB has one on his site almost identical (except this one has a chinstrap) that has been for sale for months at $800. I think the lots numbers on the two are pretty close as well.

?

Dad was a tank commander.

These (obviously) are not for sale.

M40

Michael

Great history behind these pieces i'm sure Michael.

If I were you, I personally would keep the M40 that he brought home, and display it right with the others! He must have been proud enough to bring an enemy helmet home.

LOVE,LOVE!LOVE,LOVE!!!! Did I say love...... the m38 tanker!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

I could not agree more with Aaron. These are items from your father are a piece of you family history. I strongly recommend that you keep and cherish these item.

If you are truly set on selling g them, I recommend you post them in the classifieds section here at WRF. It will ensure that the item will be available to someone that values and appreciates the history of the item.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by IllinoisCornFarmer90 View Post
    Is that a full blown retail number Samir?

I know KenB has one on his site almost identical (except this one has a chinstrap) that has been for sale for months at $800. I think the lots numbers on the two are pretty close as well.
    I put this lid one step up from the one on Ken's site, but his are full retail prices.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast