MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40

Article about: First-time poster. Not a fraud. I have several items that my father brought back from the war. One of them is what I think is an M40. I would like some help with the identification, and some

Its just interesting to see what the G.Is', and in this case the Major found appealing when looking for souvenirs. You couldn't have picked up a more "Plain Jane" helmet in 45'.

Very neat helmet indeed, and would love to hear more about your fathers service time in the ETO!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I love plain janes. This is the back bone of the Wehrmacht and under appreciated.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    This is the back bone of the Wehrmacht
    and under appreciated.
    Lol - sounds like me at my job.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Its a nice no decal helmet and given it wont be worth a ton of money I would recommend you keep it with your fathers helmets. The 3 together make a powerful statement IMO.

Agreed, $7-800 doesn't go far these days and the family significance of your Dad and his service will last far longer than a paid electricity/insurance bill or a few restaurant bills.

700/800$ is expensive , 500/600$ is a more realistic price.
    Great helmet , keep it and sell it in 20 years but put it somewhere safely , not in the attic or cellar ;-)

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    700/800$ is expensive , 500/600$ is a more realistic price. Great helmet , keep it and sell it in 20 years but put it somewhere safely , not in the attic or cellar ;-)
    Put it on a shelf in your living room together with the others, but DONT part with it !!! 😉😊
    Mfg
    Marc

Welcome to the forum, your Fathers collection of items are fantastic, great pieces of family history. Personally I would keep the M40 with your dad's personal effects. They would make a wonderful display in your home and a fantastic talking point when your friends come round. Leon.

All good advice here --- I would keep it as well. The very modest financial profit is nothing, imho, compared to the loss of a piece of family history which is intertwined with the most devastating military conflict in human history. Coincidentally a conflict in which, as we all know, soldiers like your father actually came out as victors in the end... personal trophies of victory! Totally up to you, of course

And, yes... it's a great looking no decal helmet for sure... as mentioned earlier it looks depot fresh! I'd love to have it but I'd really much rather see you keep it

?

Quote by IllinoisCornFarmer90 View Post
    Is that a full blown retail number Samir?

I know KenB has one on his site almost identical (except this one has a chinstrap) that has been for sale for months at $800. I think the lots numbers on the two are pretty close as well.
    Sorry for the late reply. Been tied up with my side-job. It sure suks being poor. If anyone says rich people maybe rich, but they have more problems, then I rather be rich, i'll take on the problems! lol!

Yes, at full retail I feel it's worth $7-$800. Reason? It has the original chinstrap unlike the many that don't.
    Personally, I would keep it. Your dad brought it home as a warriors trophy and kept it until he passed away. Obviousely it meant something to him. It has sentimental value. $800 bucks can go and come, this particular helmet won't. Once it's sold, your more likely never, ever get to see it again.

Thank you for sharing such an interesting helmet.

Regards
    Samir

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast