Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M40 q68 ss helmet

Article about: 1897 you need to find a reliable source of information about what you collect. Even with the poor pictures, many knowledgable collectors have already pointed out the numerous problems with t

?

Default M40 q68 ss helmet

Opinions about this M40 Q-helmet please.

M40 q68 ss helmetM40 q68 ss helmetM40 q68 ss helmetM40 q68 ss helmet

Most often it refers authenticity of a helmet through the decal, but I have another idea:

I have studied the batch number / lot number and in this case is the T2845. That is the same number on a certain set of helmets produced a given day. If I look closely at both numbers Q68 and T2845 on my helmet and the pictures of the Q68 helmet that is for sale on the Raptured duck I see a couple of interesting features: it is the same "wrong" in T and the 8 on the T2845 and 6 in Q68 on both helmets. This is a unique characteristic for it is exactly the same punch punched the numbers in both helmets which further strengthens the authenticity of my helmet. Moreover, it seems unlikely that Quist helmets manufactured in the same batch for more weaponry than one, that this is the batch number for a series delivered to the SS. Or am I wrong in my reasoning?

(The decal is NOT the Italian 90s fake with round corners in the S, it is small rust spots that rounded up the angle, if you look closer the angle is sharp.)

Some more pictures:

M40 q68 ss helmetM40 q68 ss helmetM40 q68 ss helmetM40 q68 ss helmetM40 q68 ss helmetM40 q68 ss helmet
    Last edited by 1897; 12-30-2012 at 01:29 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 q68 ss helmet
    P
    Many

Default re: M40 q68 ss helmet

Hello,welcome to the forum.I must admit that i am not keen on this helmet being an original SS.Quist decals should exhibit the detail of the runes finishing just below the break to the shield,this one does not,they are level so that makes me suspicious.Also the breaks are different,one is rounded,the other sharp.I would like to see some better pictures of the liner and chinstrap too but they look like they are very red in colour,which makes me think that they may be norwegian dyed examples.That said the lot number does fall into the range for an SS. I hope it turns out to be a good one,Dougb will be able to tell for sure but i feel it is not correct.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 12-30-2012 at 01:44 PM.

?

Reproduction decal.

Repainted shell.

?

OK, but what do you think of the helmet itself? Maybe its inside is a little too red, but it comes from Norway, so why not.

What about it? Original helmet that's been repainted and doctored up as an SS. Not much more to it than that.

Hi,i still feel that this is not a good one from your new pictures.The decal has the incorrect features that i have already mentioned plus the angles of the inner joints of the runes(the middle sections)are very curved and not sharp.The liner definatly looks a replacement to me to,added to it,s colour which is very odd,it also just has a peice of string for a tie cord.That on it,s own would not raise any red flags but along with all the other observations says this is still a "no go" for me, sorry.

?

Quote by 1897 View Post
    OK, but what do you think of the helmet itself? Maybe its inside is a little too red, but it comes from Norway, so why not.
    With Norweigan liners you would usually notice brass pins, this one appears not to have them. Chinstrap looks reproduction as well.

?

I bought this helmet in 1998 from the Swedish collector Anders Skötte and he told me then and even now that this helmet is 100% original. He told me that the helmet came from a collector in Norway in the 80's.

?

He is highly mistaken.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast