Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork today

Article about: Someone ruined the decal by thoroughly scratching off 99% of runes but it has never been in collection or owned by dealer. Was only military item in modern gun collection and elderly man who

?

Default M40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork today

Someone ruined the decal by thoroughly scratching off 99% of runesM40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork todayM40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork todayM40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork todayM40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork todayM40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork today but it has never been in collection or owned by dealer. Was only military item in modern gun collection and elderly man who owned it said it was just "some German helmet that family member had given him" Its a Q64 lot number DN 194. Is this a known M40 SS lot number? I will post pics.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork today
    P
    Many

?

The liner is pretty nice with original drawstring and it has partial chinstrap on each side. I can take more pics tomorrow if needed for verification. Too bad someone didn't like those "evil" runes. Obviously scraped off a long time ago when these helmets were not worth much. The helmet has really nice paint overall.

Sad to say, but to Me, at least, the dolt that defaced the decals made it into just another German helmet. It may well have been an actual SS helmet once, but by mutilating it like that, it has removed any desirability it would have had for me. I'd rather have a Luft or Heer with an intact decal...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks convincing to my untrained eye.

Hi , I have to say to my eye that does not look like a Quist decal. The left side of the shield has a soft break when I believe it should be sharp just like it is on the right? Even though the runes have been scratched off there is no sign of them towards the right hand side of the shield where the scratching is comparatively light? Also the lot number does not match to known SS(although that is only a guide). This decal looks as though it was there a while but all in all I feel that it is a fake but DougB or SSamir will tell you for sure. Leon.

?

Under magnification there is a tiny bit of the straight line of top of right rune and i believe the break is the same on both sides. Bit of illusion due to bits of missing decal. Ill take a better pic of what remains of decal.

Hi , that would be good , I like the look to the "pulver/texture" of the metallic shield itself and as I say just because the lot number is not known SS it does not mean that it could not be one! I look forward to your close up shots of the decal and as I said , DougB or SSamir are the real experts on these SS decals here so they will tell you for sure. Leon.

?

Default here are some close ups

hard to see in original pics but there is a tiny bit of black left of top right M40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork todayof right rune. the dark green washes it out.

?

?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast