Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 ss

Article about: The helmet is an M35 IMO. As I said on GHW , good feeling but I can't be conclusive. This one would need a hands on for me and even then it will be tough with so much of the decal gone. Lets

Default M40 ss

Hi Guys,

As I do own a few small German & Third Reich items, I took some photos on my day off (finally) and some of this was part of them.

I have also posted it on the German Helmet Walhalla forum.

"Dear Associates,

Some of you may know me, but I assume most will not. I mainly collect Soviet militaria 1917-1958. I do not own much German & Third Reich material.

In any case, I do own a few pieces, one of which is this. Despite its poor condition, I have owned &enjoyed it for quite sometime and am unable to let it go.

I thought it interesting to have it discussed here, and hope the images provided are worthwhile.

One attribute that perplexes me is that the LH decal seems to be an Army type tri-color decal. Or, is it the swastika decal that has worn off strangely?"

Regards,
    Richie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 ss   M40 ss  

M40 ss   M40 ss  

M40 ss   M40 ss  

M40 ss   M40 ss  

M40 ss   M40 ss  

M40 ss   M40 ss  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ss
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 ss

Well Richie if this is one of the few TR items you have then you must have some gems!
    I like it ( but I'm still on my Learners license ) and I think the LH decal is the while base layer that is all that is left of a party shield.
    As always, we need the comments of Doug, Frank, Samir & co. to be definite! ( but I still like it! )
    Cheers, Dan

Very very interesting one here Richie. The lot number is way too high in the range for a double decal, but....... I think what you have is a double decal field police reissued to SS, you can just about see the remains of the original police eagle under the ruined party decal. It seems to be a Pocher runic decal which I think is to be expected in this instance. I could be way off but that's the impression I got. Is there any evidence of a party decal under the runes?

One of these under the runic decal?

I really can not make it out, but I would think there would be some more "red", no?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 ss  

And one of these under the "mystery" decal?

Sorry guys, I am unable to make out anything.

Any suggestions on taking further images to tell?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 ss  

that's what I mean yes, give me a minute I'll try and make a picture of what I am seeing.

- - Updated - -

OK here we go, I had to resize the pics so refer to your originals for better definition. I might be seeing things but I really can make out a police eagle

M40 ss

Nobody else has an opinion on this? I feel like I'm going nuts

?

Hi Richie,

Not a good one i'm afraid.

Samir

?

Maybe i am missing out on something earlier in this thread, but i think i see some red color to the right of Andy's markings and in the top left hand corner. Very nice helmet btw. Wiring looks good. I like good wiring.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Maybe i am missing out on something earlier in this thread, but i think i see some red color to the right of Andy's markings and in the top left hand corner. Very nice helmet btw. Wiring looks good. I like good wiring.

Regards, Lars
    The red there I thought is from a party decal on top of the 'police eagle' I may or may not be imagining.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast