Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 ss et66

Article about: You guys might remember this lid from another forum member. She has her issues... But in the case of this helmet I really liked the quality of the decal and because of the other issues I was

Hey, I think it's pretty nice as well --- never seen Renaissance Wax rendering a helmet this shiny though, there's also clearly been some harsh cleaning done to the inner skirt. Either way, congrats!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ss et66
    P
    Many

Who cares about the renwax...a nice looking lid regardless. (if it bothers you that much, sell it to me! )

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Hey, I think it's pretty nice as well --- never seen Renaissance Wax rendering a helmet this shiny though, there's also clearly been some harsh cleaning done to the inner skirt. Either way, congrats!
    Yeah... Those were the issues that I was mentioning. Also it looks like the liner was removed when it was cleaned. I was given some tips by one of the helmet "gods" about removing some of the shine without doing damage. I haven't decided if I will attempt it or not.

I can't see it going wrong if in the right capable hands --- personally I'd go for it, there are some really capable people in this field out there. I saw a ww1 camo that had post-war shellac removed, it was just amazing to see the results...

?

It displays a nice ET SS pattern decal, no doubt, my compliments, but the leather liner has virtually no wear. Is it original to the helmet? Wish I had this one in hand. My compliments.

Samir

?

By the way, leave the wax alone. Let time take its toll. You don't want to risk damaging the decal. Just my two-cents.

I'd think a serious professional would be able to remove a simple layer of wax without damaging the decal in any way --- easily. If not, of course... I'd leave it alone as well. As it is, with the wax being this prominent and imho distracting, I would probably not have been able to leave it "as is" in any case.

With a little rubbing alcohol and some patience I was able to remove most of the renwax.

This is a mid progress shot.
    M40 ss et66

As it sits now.
    M40 ss et66M40 ss et66M40 ss et66M40 ss et66M40 ss et66M40 ss et66

That's fine...leave it alone now.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    That's fine...leave it alone now.
    Yep, Back on it's stand it goes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast