Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M40 SS ?? found in a Serbian village

Article about: M40 SS ?? found in a Serbian village please help

I think you are most probably correct in that thought Markoni, who would want to be caught with one of these on the mantelpiece just after the war?? As for value ,I would not even give an opinion as a rule but as you have shown a genuine interest in finding out if this helmet is in fact an original I would have to say that it is only slightly higher than a no decal helmet. The reason being an SS collector would want the decal in much much better condition. If a chap just wanted to own a genuine SS helmet shell such as this I guess it would be around the £300 mark at very best. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS ?? found in a Serbian village
    P
    Many

once more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS ?? found in a Serbian village  

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I think you are most probably correct in that thought Markoni, who would want to be caught with one of these on the mantelpiece just after the war?? As for value ,I would not even give an opinion as a rule but as you have shown a genuine interest in finding out if this helmet is in fact an original I would have to say that it is only slightly higher than a no decal helmet. The reason being an SS collector would want the decal in much much better condition. If a chap just wanted to own a genuine SS helmet shell such as this I guess it would be around the £300 mark at very best. Leon.
    Thank you Leon very much.. . Bravo for price,helmet is sold for 300€

through the village where the helmet was found,passed 13th Regiment 7th SS Gebrigsjager Division Prinz Eugen..

Quote by Markoni Serbia View Post
    through the village where the helmet was found,passed 13th Regiment 7th SS Gebrigsjager Division Prinz Eugen..
    If I had found this one I would have kept it, I may even have been tempted to put an original liner in it! Leon.

If I had found this one I would have kept it, I may even have been tempted to put an original liner in it! Leon.
    Me too!! It's a lot of "fun" , with some genuine history :-) nice helmet :-)

Mfg
    Marc

Tell that to my wife heheh joke .. I comfort myself that I swore that I would collect a complete helmets..
    Helmet found the grandfather of my friend so I need to split the money with them..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3