Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 SS Helmet

Article about: Hi Guys I send a PIC of my SS M40 helmet. Inside there is written in red color. What your opinion on its? By from Meclan

?

Default M40 SS Helmet

Hi Guys

I send a PIC of my SS M40 helmet.

Inside there is written in red color.

What your opinion on its?

By from Meclan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS Helmet   M40 SS Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default re: M40 SS Helmet

Please, can you post clear and close up pictures of the decal. Also the markings on the helmet.

?

Hi DIMAS

I send decal and marking Pic

Marking are one on the back (935) and another on the side (hk066)

By meclan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS Helmet   M40 SS Helmet  

?

Unfortunately that is a fake decal, mixed Q and ET tipe decal. If you are properly look to the runes, there are differences between a left and rigth runes. it's well known fake decal. Sorry, but I really tell you that is 100% fake.

?

Hi Dimas

I have no word about your sentence.... and this confirm my opinion that militaria has begun impossible also for people that, like me collect from over 25 years!

Please can you explein me what kind of difference there is in the runes?

Many thanks Meclan

?

Sorry, I was a bit wrong, about the mixed type, today I've looked it with clear eye.
    So, The runes looks like in CA pocher decal, but a strange shild is longer than must be, design of the shied looks to me similar like EF pattern SS decals, but longer. Anyway the runes placement is wrong for for both types .
    Helmet: HKP factory is 3 digits code for SE factory, and that kind of helmets produced after 1942 year, mostly 43 and 44 year, as SE and Q factorys made M 40's till the end of the war.
    Secondary: I will say that the helmets seen by me with that kind of stamps was without decals, only one is in my collection which has Wehrmacht decal. Thirdly- if factory applied decal- then must be SE type runes decal which is simply folk named as " second pattern" and absolutely another type

?

Hi Dimas

Thank you for clarification on your first answer.

I have seen on helmets books (Le casque Allemande de la seconde guerre mondiale - Uniformes Hors series) other SS helmets M40 or M42 with early style rune, and at page 17 is written that manufactures used both dekal for M35,M40 and M42.

I tried to compare my helmet dekal with other second pattern, the only difference is in the distance between the runes (but is very very thin), in any case I'll show the helmet to some other collectors for to have more opinion.

It should be interesting to continue this topic ...........

By from meclan

?

Quote by meclan View Post
    Hi Dimas

Thank you for clarification on your first answer.

I have seen on helmets books (Le casque Allemande de la seconde guerre mondiale - Uniformes Hors series) other SS helmets M40 or M42 with early style rune, and at page 17 is written that manufactures used both dekal for M35,M40 and M42.

I tried to compare my helmet dekal with other second pattern, the only difference is in the distance between the runes (but is very very thin), in any case I'll show the helmet to some other collectors for to have more opinion.

It should be interesting to continue this topic ...........

By from meclan
    Depends of helmet factory must be special decal. F.ex. Q maker has Q type decal. Your must have SE type decal, sometimes can be CA Pocher decal, but your decal as you wrote, distance between runes, and the shield itself is bigger than Pocher decal

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Sorry, I was a bit wrong, about the mixed type, today I've looked it with clear eye.
    So, The runes looks like in CA pocher decal, but a strange shild is longer than must be, design of the shied looks to me similar like EF pattern SS decals, but longer. Anyway the runes placement is wrong for for both types .
    Helmet: HKP factory is 3 digits code for SE factory, and that kind of helmets produced after 1942 year, mostly 43 and 44 year, as SE and Q factorys made M 40's till the end of the war.
    Secondary: I will say that the helmets seen by me with that kind of stamps was without decals, only one is in my collection which has Wehrmacht decal. Thirdly- if factory applied decal- then must be SE type runes decal which is simply folk named as " second pattern" and absolutely another type
    Hello to you both. Meclan, I must agree with Dimas that this decal is a reproduction of the C.A. Pocher SS runic decal. The Pocher decal was a commercially produced decal and can be found on many different manufactured helmets. Dimas, I would agree that the hkp helmet should have the correct NS or SE decal if applied at the factory, but according to Kelly Hick's book SS-Steel, the Pocher decal can be found on hkp helmets. See page 160 of the book.

?

I agree with you, and I don't want to talk if I never seen then it's a fake- that will be unsupported by evidence.
    But I just give my opinion...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast