Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M40 SS helmet?

Article about: I was looking at a local site,when i came across this helmet put up for sale. The seller says the decals are old fakes and that its in a good condition.I don't like the paint on it and the l

?

Default M40 SS helmet?

I was looking at a local site,when i came across this helmet put up for sale.
    The seller says the decals are old fakes and that its in a good condition.I don't like the paint on it and the liner is funny looking.Also i have the strange feeling that i've seen this helmet before!?
    The price they're asking is 270$(way too much on my opinion)
    What do you think guys?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS helmet?   M40 SS helmet?  

M40 SS helmet?   M40 SS helmet?  

M40 SS helmet?   M40 SS helmet?  

M40 SS helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS helmet?
    P
    Many

Fake-O-rama. Repro decals. Liner looks original.

Nein!

Agree with Todd, bad fake decals but the liner is looking good. I dont have a problem with the paint either. I think it was just a regular no decal shell that someone jazzed up with some cheap waterslide decals.

IMO $270 is high for what it is. If the decals came off with no effect left on the lid I would consider picking it up as a nice starter if you could get the price down cheap enough

Jason

Bad decal,not good.
    chris

?

Agreed gents. Fake decal sold by a known European dealer.

Hi, fake decals as the guys say , the liner and paint look ok to me but this helmet is a bit pricey. I would wait for something nicer. Leon.

?

OK,guys thanks.I really wasn't planning on buying it. I'm going to post a comment on that site, so no one gets ripped off.The next helmet i'm buying is going to be an all original one!I've got my eye on a M35 Heer with a singel decal.

It's a Damned Shame they put the Decals on it

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    It's a Damned Shame they put the Decals on it
    yea mate i would hate to think how many original german helmets have been ruined with ss decals.