Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?

Article about: Hey guys, Just curious what you all think about this lid, yay or nay on the decal? Thanks!

Has Doug chimed in on this one? Im with SSamir and have doubts myself

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?
    P
    Many

Quote by klashownz View Post
    I have the helmet now, i took a few pictures of my own too.

Attachment 861561
    That's one photo , can you do an entire session with a good decal close-up , interior photos and also list maker + lotnr.

Guys, I had this Helmet sent to Kelly Hicks for authentication and he said it's authentic. I can post more pics when I get home but on page 1 there are a bunch.

Guys, I had this Helmet sent to Kelly Hicks for authentication and he said it's authentic. I can post more pics when I get home but on page 1 there are a bunch.
    Good for you , good luck with it. Pictures in this topic are not good enough to make a call. Unfortunately Kelly has made mistakes in the past , only recently a dealer had to take a helmet back with a KH cert.

You'd want more than 1 person liking this helmet to be safe for resale later on.

more of the decal. kinda sparkles/is reflective in light

M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?

more of the decal. kinda sparkles/is reflective in light

What decal type did Kelly say this was ?
    Also you photos are blurry so pretty much useless , you have to activate your camera's macro function or shoot from a steady base , some books for example. And very important shoot with enough light , best outside.

A good photo is sharp. Like this , then you can better see the structure and design.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    What decal type did Kelly say this was ?
    Also you photos are blurry so pretty much useless , you have to activate your camera's macro function or shoot from a steady base , some books for example. And very important shoot with enough light , best outside.

A good photo is sharp. Like this , then you can better see the structure and design.
    Q style decal on a Q66 shell, I don't have a macro lens for this camera and my iphone is not coming through when it comes to close-focusing. I'll see if I can pick one up today just to use for this then return it

Q style decal on a Q66 shell, I don't have a macro lens for this camera and my iphone is not coming through when it comes to close-focusing. I'll see if I can pick one up today just to use for this then return it
    Well from your pictures it most definitely is not a Q decal. You'd expect the left rune to sit below the break on the left by 1 mm.
    I don't see that , it looks like it is even with the break.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Well from your pictures it most definitely is not a Q decal. You'd expect the left rune to sit below the break on the left by 1 mm.
    I don't see that , it looks like it is even with the break.
    Yeah it does look like a few pics are level, but in others and in person it def. is below the shield break. Both Mr. Hicks and SSamir said it appears to be a legit Q decal, and on most of the pictures you can clearly see it is in fact about 1mm below the shield break. I'm pretty certain this decal is real, but I appreciate your skepticism as it helps us learn

Here's another of the decal, SSamir

Attachment 857239
    See this pic for a more true look @ where the runes sit, Schwer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast