Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 SS Relic

Article about: Dear Forum Members, I have the opportunity to buy this helmet. What is your opinion about it? What would be a fair price? Thanks in advance! Kind Regards, Johan

Default M40 SS Relic

Dear Forum Members,

I have the opportunity to buy this helmet.

What is your opinion about it?

What would be a fair price?

Thanks in advance!

M40 SS Relic
    M40 SS Relic
    M40 SS Relic
    M40 SS Relic
    M40 SS Relic
    M40 SS Relic
    M40 SS Relic
    M40 SS Relic

Kind Regards,
    Johan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS Relic
    P
    Many

I see the manufacturer stamp and lot number have been sanded down to be legible.
    It looks like the SS decal has also been interfered with - there are scratch marks, particularly towards the top and in places it looks to have been placed over the corrosion. It's difficult to tell from the photo as it does show a resemblance to an EF SS decal, but I would be cautious as it may not be authentic.
    Nick

Hello the small round indentation (dented) marks all look to be have been created by the same tool (ball been hammer most likely imo) they each exhibit the near identical appearance, and not a natural result of combat battle damage; which would be a big red flag for me personally. JMO. Kindest regards.

Brian

I can't recall seeing an EF M40 SS. So I looked on Franks list & found none. Not saying they did not exist...

(edit) According to reference, they were produced as M40 EF SS in DD configuration. Said to be extremely rare & the one published is in DD configuration. There is no mention of them being in a single decal until the M42 was produced in single decal.
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    I can't recall seeing an EF M40 SS. So I looked on Franks list & found none. Not saying they did not exist...

(edit) According to reference, they were produced as M40 EF SS in DD configuration. Said to be extremely rare & the one published is in DD configuration. There is no mention of them being in a single decal until the M42 was produced in single decal.
    D.
    That's what years of experience gets you. I haven't seen nearly enough EF SS helmets but now I think of it they are all M42.
    Nick

Hi, not one i would give a second look at, seems that the helmet was placed on a fence post and given a good "whack'in" . Leon.

The paint on the rivets does not appear to be consistent with the rest of the paint on the exterior of the shell which looks to exhibit light pitting which would be a sign that the liner is not the original. As an aside the liner appears to have had blood damage cut out of it at some point.