Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Relic SS helmet

Article about: I found this relic SS helmet for a decent price, I know that it is very ugly but I would love to have a SS helmet in my collection and this one is the only way I can afford it.. It has been

?

Default M42 Relic SS helmet

I found this relic SS helmet for a decent price, I know that it is very ugly but I would love to have a SS helmet in my collection and this one is the only way I can afford it.. It has been treated with acid. According to the seller it's SS but me having never own a SS helmet before, I thought it would be smart to check what you say before i buy it. Cheers

Attachment 344814

Attachment 344813

Attachment 344810

Attachment 344811

Attachment 344812

Attachment 344809

Attachment 344815

Attachment 344816

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Relic SS helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M42 Relic SS helmet

Thats really hard to tell....I think if I squint my eyes I can make out part of a right rune.....if its a SD lid the chances are better that it may have been SS......

May I ask what he is asking for it???

?

48 gbp

?

Personally, I would not buy such a piece. I would save some more money, and wait for an example in slightly better condition, thus not breaking the bank, and also enabling you to add an item to your collection that you can identify. However, some love the relic look..."To each his own..."

Regards,

Carl

I like it, and the price is not to bad. Has a good chance of being a original SS lid, although it's in a right state.

?

Not a bad price....if you like it mate, grab it!!!

?

Cheers I appreciate the help

?

Hard to tell if it's SS of course, but the decal does not look fake applied. Many would say "save the money for a better lid". I will say, to that price buy it if you like it. Some like relics more than others.

Regards, Lars

?

The seller seems really serious so I doubt that it would be a fake, and also I think why fake a SS relic helmet and sell for 48 GBP? So I would belive that it is real.

I decided to buy it as I really like relics (Sometimes I even like them more then mint condition!). The only bad thing with this helmet is the big blast damage to it, but I think that if I display it in the right condition i can make it look really good. I will post photos when I have recived it and figured out how to display it!

Thanks everyone for your input

?

I think the blast damage is actually a frost damage/explosion. Happens a lot.