Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

M42 SD CKL 5345 / Champagne

Article about: Hi all, I understood there is a lot of 'talks' going on about the M42 SD CKL 5000+ lot numbers. Nonetheles i would like you present you mine / enjoy

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I wish I could help but it is long gone over 40 years ago and if I had pictures of it they would not be up to the close up standards required by todays requirements. A different time with a far different approach to collecting.
    Thanks Bob
    So neither Kelly's first helmets with CH decals, nor yours are visible.. a real pity. This would have given the word "end" to the discussion...!

Best!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD CKL 5345 / Champagne
    P
    Many

From 'Nessie' to Bigfoot and the Abomnible snowman there will always be believers and doubters.

As long as we keep it civil and adult, this is the definition of a forum.
    Remember that was where debates took place and people argued their case in ancient Rome.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    From 'Nessie' to Bigfoot and the Abomnible snowman there will always be believers and doubters.

Remember that was where debates took place and people argued their case in ancient Rome.

Regards, Dan
    Agree with you Dan.

Quote by Danmark View Post

Regards, Dan
    Well said Dan

Did Chris post that he is leaving the forum? Post #25.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

M38
    ?

Quote by Kelly H View Post
    Fair point relicz, I've discussed it a lot with friends. The 8-10 include helmets I saw in advanced collections 30+ years ago. Just to be frank here, I had scientific analysis conducted on all types of decals with XRF technology, which became a forum punching bag. The ridicule of xrf killed it and rendered it unmentionable--especially the whacko conspiracies on the gun boards. Who is going to go back down that road in their right mind? I can say this: the fakers were shaking in their shoes because of XRF, even the allach fakers. For a brief moment, I saw an opportunity to do a lot of good with it. Regards, K
    Hi Kelly

I am sure you don't remember my helmet specifically but I bought it from you in May 1993. It is a DD SS ET64 with the champagne runes. I am curious if this might be one of the 8 to 10 you remembered as being legitimate? Mine seems to be one of the poster child helmets that Doug used in his analysis. Anyway, I'm just wondering if it might be one that you happen to remember. I could bring it with me to Louisville and show it to you again if you'd like. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
    Terry G

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Did Chris post that he is leaving the forum? Post #25.
    Marty
    That was my impression as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Make it simple do not buy any german helmet with champagne decals there is too much money involved not worth the risk , If you already have one we all get burn in this hobby soon or later...

Quote by Kelly H View Post
    ? I can say this: the fakers were shaking in their shoes because of XRF, even the allach fakers. For a brief moment, I saw an opportunity to do a lot of good with it. Regards, K
    The only good you saw in XRF were dollars Kelly. Just plain and simple.
    Get the actual monopoly on COA's , that was the real intention of XRF. "Only XRF knows your helmet is real , wanna sell it you need to ship to the XRF guys first who want 250 USD for it."
    And once the monopoly is reached the prices go up and the fakes get thrown in the mix as happened rather quickly after the initial launch as dealers were selling XRF COA fakes quickly.
    I have always seen right through you Mr Hicks.

Before any infractions, closures, arguments, etc. takes place. I would like to speak to this subject. It is clear that once again the white names are asking questions and the purple and green names are stonewalling and preventing information. This is fairly common and if you want to be taken seriously you need to put an end to shutting people down. The ramifications for this thread in particular are going to be heavy and wide spread for more than one person.

I want everyone to understand that this, if mishandled will lead to problems, fairly significant problems.

So? Will you guys circle the wagons around Kelly, or can we discuss this apparent protectionist behavior. That is what it looks like at face value.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast