Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

m42 ss

Article about: Doug, most of the helmets peoples finding on the battlefields are battle damaged, due the battledamaged helmets was usually thrown away to the garbage and they are still exists in the Ex-USS

Default Re: m42 ss

still a neat helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m42 ss
    P
    Many

?

I did trade this helmet to Espenlaub, the liner was attached by me and it was matched by condition,as I remember the helmet was a bit washed too. Unfortunately I did not have undo pictures
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi, thanks for the better pics. From these I like it, though I am no expert and this is just my opinion.

Jerry

?

Ususally that kind of cracks on the helmets was done if not by battle damage- then by winter ( when the water freeze inside a helmet it makes cracks on it)
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

hi dimas,thanks for the details who found the helmet?do you think its seen its fair share of fighting?

?

I don't know the story of the finding it, but I bought it approx 10 years ago for really bargain price. There was SS TK and Danmark
    Regards,
    Dimas

This looks like an honest helmet. The decal looks like its simply been worn away, IMO. and the cracking is, as the others said, most likely from water getting into cracks and freezing.
    Helmet also seems to have a good history.

Regards,
    Finn

?

Guys- please do not build a opinion on just "admin have it". Surely I have 100% sure ths is a nice one. But all discussions about the helmet are very appreciated.
    I have a hundreds trough the hands, but still wondered about the nice qulity fakes in the market
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Those pics are much better and now can give a proper evaluation of the helmet. The shield is a correct ET with correct pulver that has beens scrubbed, the interior and closeups show wear comensurate with the scrubbing of the decal. The first pictures did not show that.
    It proves what good photos can do no matter who owns it.
    I think that cracking is concussion damage perhaps?

?

thanks for you opinions,i often wonder how many countries the helmets been in made in germany,found in russia,bought from estonia,now in devon england

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast