Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 SS ckl marked helmet

Article about: Hello guys, I came up on this m42 helmet with ET decals. Seller says he's 'ckl'-marked as it should be. Tomorrow I can have the helmet in hand on the militariashow at Ciney. What are your op

?

Default M42 SS ckl marked helmet

Hello guys, I came up on this m42 helmet with ET decals. Seller says he's 'ckl'-marked as it should be.
    Tomorrow I can have the helmet in hand on the militariashow at Ciney.
    What are your opinions on this one guys? Thx.

M42 SS ckl marked helmetM42 SS ckl marked helmetM42 SS ckl marked helmetM42 SS ckl marked helmetM42 SS ckl marked helmetM42 SS ckl marked helmetM42 SS ckl marked helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SS ckl marked helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 SS ckl marked helmet

Hi there,it looks as though it may be a good ET decal on that helmet,which would be the correct type for a CKL helmet.That said,the "missing"portion of the shield at the bottom makes it difficult for me to be sure without having it in hand,but the wear to the decal does appear to be consistant with the rest of the helmet.The liner and strap look good to,so all in all I think this one may stand a chance. Leon.

?

Decal appears alright from the pics but tighter in focus pics would help. Lot number is 3011? Hrs to read it in the photo. Strap could use a better pic. But looks ok. Frank is there at Ciney tomorrow, get him to look at it.

Great helmet! ;-)

?

Thanks for the reply's guys.
    I handled the helmet today at the show in Ciney. I was looking for a 'ckl' marking in the back but could not really find it.
    It is probably there but it's very hard to make out... also the lotnumber is very hard to read.
    Anyway, there is no makermark at left side. Everything is stamped in the back of the helmet.
    Seller told me that's normal with late war produced helmets...

?

I always cringe when I hear the term "late war" simply because it meaning is do different to so many different people. For me its 1945 but for many its late 43. Its just a matter of opinion and nobody is right or wrong. But using the term on a collectible makes different implications. Anyway, as the helmet being "late war" it is I believe a mid 43 produced helmet if the lot number is as I suspect. Helmet looked good in hand? I believe its a good SS from what is shown so far.

Looks good to me.
    Late -war to me is 1944
    chris

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Late -war to me is 1944
    chris
    And that proves my point. If this is a "late war" helmet and late war to you is 1944, then what is this helmet doing with a decal? So you might think reading its late war that this might be a fake. The term causes unnecessary confusion I find.

You are totally correct Doug.
    But what are you doing to do.
    It is just how things are .I guess
    chris

Helmets are not my strongsuit, but this one look damn real

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast