Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

m42 ss decal battle dug opinion needed please

Article about: Yes but there is not much decal left. I am almost sure Doug will need a microscope pic to tell if it's good or not. I somehow think it's ok, but there are some "good" artists out t

Default m42 ss decal battle dug opinion needed please

Hi all. Im new to this site and to collecting ww2 helmets/ww2 relics, I need your thoughts on the authenticity of this battle dug damaged m42 helmet, dug out in kurland by the seller, some combat paint still present and ss decal barely visable, the decal looks genuine and Im hoping it wasnt applied or faked, I did some research and it looks good to me but like i said, im new to this. thank you for looking

m42 ss decal battle dug opinion needed pleasem42 ss decal battle dug opinion needed pleasem42 ss decal battle dug opinion needed pleasem42 ss decal battle dug opinion needed please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m42 ss decal battle dug opinion needed please
    P
    Many

Default Re: m42 ss decal battle dug opinion needed please

Wait for Doug

?

It's on ioffer.... forget it!!

yea I realize alot of fake stuff is on ioffer, the seller is also on ebay and lives in latvia, he digs the stuff up there, I assumed he couldnt sell it on ebay because of the ss decal, couldnt it be real??? I mean where else could someone in a 3rd world country try to sell it? but I am a newbie here just hoping not everything is faked......

?

Hey. Latvia is not a 3rd world country. Ever been there? There is a lot of places he could sell it. Here as an example. I am sure the Baltic digger here on forum know this guy, if he is ok or not. Wait for them to take a look. Who is the seller? It could be ok in mu opinion, but the pics a very bad.

Regards, Lars

hello, sorry I did not mean disrespect in any way, it was a poor choice in wording without thinking, I just meant a small country, im sure it is a beautiful place. sorry again. I wont reveal the seller just wanted some opinions, I may have to take up a new hobby since anything real seems very expensive to aquire.

I can't understand why anybody would fake a helmet in this condition. If it is an SS decal it would only raise the value of this shell by $25 or so. Just my opinion.

that same thought crossed my mind, the decal looks pitted and rusted also, if it was faked then somebody is an artist, I beleive its real but im a rookie at this.

People will throw an SS decal on any helmet if they think it will increase the value or sell it faster. I'm not saying this is one of those helmets, as SS helmets arent my thing, but be careful and wait for DougB to weigh in.And don't use iOffer to build your collection. Welcome to the forum.

Authenticity wise it's going to be hard to say yes or no to this one. Not much left to authenticate or even see the construction of the shield and runes. I also lean towards fake becuase of the halo of different colour around the decal. At the end of the day and SS decal makes a rusty shell a desirable rusty shell, turns $20 I to $60.

Jason

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast