Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M42 SS Helmet - Opinions??

Article about: Saw this one for sale. Annoyed from this ads?   Any opinions would be appreciated.

Default M42 SS Helmet - Opinions??

Saw this one for sale.
    Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 SS Helmet - Opinions??   M42 SS Helmet - Opinions??  

M42 SS Helmet - Opinions??   M42 SS Helmet - Opinions??  

M42 SS Helmet - Opinions??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SS Helmet - Opinions??
    P
    Many

Wrong position of liner seam ( not at rear ) could be the result of poor assy practice at the CKL plant or it could be from R&R of the liner ( need to check for double bends to the pins ) Decal looks good to me as does paint but not expert enough to call it.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

There is a thread on WAF about this one, some disagree but I see no red flags. That said an in hand is a must, esp with the crap photos.

Opinions On E-Stand M42 SD SS Helmet - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

BTW I have been bombarded with emails and PMs about this one, probably due to the price drop the guy just made, so it wouldn't surprise me if this one is long gone by now.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Wrong position of liner seam ( not at rear ) could be the result of poor assy practice at the CKL plant or it could be from R&R of the liner ( need to check for double bends to the pins ) Decal looks good to me as does paint but not expert enough to call it.

Cheers, Dan
    I had an SS out of an estate that the liner was completely in bass ackwards once. 70 years of greeblies and dust in between the liner and no bends in the pins, was a factory install as far as I can tell.

Hi, looks a decent ET decal to me, the pulver shows a good metallic reflection and the runes/breaks and border look ok to. What were the concerns on WAF Doug, it all seems ok from here? Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, looks a decent ET decal to me, the pulver shows a good metallic reflection and the runes/breaks and border look ok to. What were the concerns on WAF Doug, it all seems ok from here? Leon.
    The thick border, the silver at the bottom right. Frank who is a member here might chime in. I agree with Frank its not a one looker but I like the age, the construction, the patination under the removed parts of the decal. I think the very poor pics are really hurting the decal opinions, and combined with the extensive damage, make it tougher.

BUt again, I would insist on better photos and an iron clad money back guarantee if buying from these pics alone, as it needs examination by a good loupe and trained eye as Frank very well could be correct, but I lean to the good side.

That said, it wouldnt be the first time I would be wrong going by (poor) pics and wont be the last! Which is why top pics are a must, and an in hand even moreso.

ON HOLD today a 1:07 pm EST.
    I wanted it but I am asset rich and cash poor right now.
    Looks like a nice first SS helmet for someone.
    I really posted it to get the feedback so I can learn something about these helmets.
    It looked good to me but that is not saying much as I am far from an expert on German helmets.

?

Whoever buys it I hope they post it on one of the forums with much better pix.

Quote by DougB View Post
    The thick border, the silver at the bottom right. Frank who is a member here might chime in. I agree with Frank its not a one looker but I like the age, the construction, the patination under the removed parts of the decal. I think the very poor pics are really hurting the decal opinions, and combined with the extensive damage, make it tougher.

BUt again, I would insist on better photos and an iron clad money back guarantee if buying from these pics alone, as it needs examination by a good loupe and trained eye as Frank very well could be correct, but I lean to the good side.

That said, it wouldnt be the first time I would be wrong going by (poor) pics and wont be the last! Which is why top pics are a must, and an in hand even moreso.
    Yes my eye sees things I do not like design wise , could be the photos as they are poor.
    Doug knows I am a sucker for detail and I have to trust my eyes , they don't deceive me often.
    Also as a rule I tend to be on the safe side of caution , better let one pass you by than being stuck with a fake.
    I don't have many regrets :-)
    Hope to see better photos as well , as it is a high lotnr it will be interesting if this is a good standard ET runic shield.

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Hope to see better photos as well , as it is a high lotnr it will be interesting if this is a good standard ET runic shield.
    Thats what I want to see too