Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Missing decal M42 helmet

Article about: This helmet has remains of the outline of a decal. Remains look old and original. Unfortunately only the outside line remains. Since this is a single decal with the remains of the decal on t

Default Missing decal M42 helmet

Missing decal M42 helmetMissing decal M42 helmetMissing decal M42 helmetMissing decal M42 helmetMissing decal M42 helmetMissing decal M42 helmetMissing decal M42 helmet

This helmet has remains of the outline of a decal. Remains look old and original. Unfortunately only the outside line remains. Since this is a single decal with the remains of the decal on the right of the helmet the question is.. Could it have been a SS decal..

Thanks again all!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Missing decal M42 helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Missing decal M42 helmet

It most definitely was SS, but I feel that there is some trickery afoot...

?

I agree wit Moe. Very strange only the outline survived and that it's so visible. Like the decal was only glued around the edge. which will never happen. The bottom right looks very shiny.

Regards

The damage to the paint and patina is identical around and under the decal. I would agree with the guys, I think a post war decal was applied and removed, a triple guess fake. The helmet itself is good in all parts, the drawstring looks new but it might be ok.

?

I vote a postwar applied decal later removed.

?

It certainly has that water slide decal look about it

Not a bad helmet if you already own it, or are looking to buy it.

?

Yeah, you can certainly see good uniform wear of the originsl paint, that somebody has plonked a fake SS decal on!! Nice helmet!

No real or unreversible damage done

Thanks guys. i own this one. bought it a couple of weeks ago. didnt know what to think about the decal. just bought it because the rest of it was in good enough shape for me. to bad someone added the decal later on. it looks like remains of an original decal though.
    Also what i liked is the mistake in the makerscode it says 66ckl instead of ckl66.
    Thanks!

Going by the high lotnr it was most probably a fake decal. The stamping error is interesting and nice to see though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast