Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

More SS relics to check ..

Article about: by Dimas This is the thread. I wish to have this helmet, you can trace it's history http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battle...nt-finds-4626/ But why do you guys always post such small pictures

Default Re: More SS relics to check ..

Quote by blaksaussa View Post
    Totenhead : the previous thread comes from a different seller ( in Narva ) , the helmets on this threads comes from another seller ( in Latvia ) . the ones from Narva is a very trustable source, these from Latvia comes fron an unknown source to me, is that unconfused you
    I get it now ! sorry for the confusion!

Nice relic helm you have there on the other thread ! I used to have a similar one myself

I think I would steer clear of the others on this thread, too many doubts. Also, if they are from diggers, why are they selling them so cheap? These guys are not stupid, they know the value of them, thats why you paid $900 odd for the other good one !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement More SS relics to check ..
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Well, I'm not an expert ....in Kurland Kessel there were 2 latvian SS divisons. So no wonder all decals are similar.
    Decals being similar have no bearing on the units that wore them in any way shape or form. The fact these decals cannot be identified as real from these photos and are similar is indeed a problem however.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'm glad you trust these Dimas. Shields from this far away, some surrounded by obvious scrubbing? A guy could pop a good fake and age each one of these and from this distance you'd never know. I'm not saying these are good or bad, but relic SS buying and posting faraway photos of decals in poor condition that have messed with shells is just asking for a fool and his money to be parted, in my humble and respectful opinion.
    Doug, just my feeling. I had hundreds of the similar helmets in the mid of 1990's , I' ve bought most of them no more than 5$ each, most of them I' clean with oxalic acid, due some of them was mostly with invisible decals at all, but generally all of them was in better condition. Normally the condition as shown in the thread, i 've leave in the forest, there was a hundreds of such helmets and other stuff in the end of 80's , helmets to take with was selected by two reasons: decal must be at least 80%, and non rotten edge.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

That would be cool to have seen Dimas! Today with the fakery I am cautious and I know collectors take forum opinions as COA's so I am very careful within this context. Cheers

?

Sometimes opinions are wrong, both: originals counted as a fake, and fakes as originals
    Dug up helmets could be bought if you trust. I personally trust the source firstly, but really I will not take item in this condition to collection. I've posted some time ago a bunker find white helmet which i will have. I will search this thread
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

This is the thread. I wish to have this helmet, you can trace it's history
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...nt-finds-4626/
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Here is another find from the bunker in Demjansk, most of them preowned by me
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...e-bunker-6205/
    But they all looks better after the washing
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    I think I would steer clear of the others on this thread, too many doubts. Also, if they are from diggers, why are they selling them so cheap? These guys are not stupid, they know the value of them, thats why you paid $900 odd for the other good one !
    Good points !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Doug, just my feeling. I had hundreds of the similar helmets in the mid of 1990's , I' ve bought most of them no more than 5$ each, most of them I' clean with oxalic acid, due some of them was mostly with invisible decals at all, but generally all of them was in better condition. Normally the condition as shown in the thread, i 've leave in the forest, there was a hundreds of such helmets and other stuff in the end of 80's , helmets to take with was selected by two reasons: decal must be at least 80%, and non rotten edge.
    Dimas you'll have to tell everyone about all those FSJ Helmets that got thrown away !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Dimas View Post
    This is the thread. I wish to have this helmet, you can trace it's history
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...nt-finds-4626/
    These photos are the same as an SS helmet offered to me one year ago for $5000 by one of our forum members. Yet the photos date back to 2008!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast