Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My one and only M35,, Waffen SS ??

Article about: To me it looks like a repainted Norwegian, whether the original colour is underneath the black and awful TAN /GREEN I dont know, but i dont think the liner or chin strap are original to the

?

Default Re: My one and only M35,, Waffen SS ??

To me it looks like a repainted Norwegian, whether the original colour is underneath the black and awful TAN /GREEN I dont know, but i dont think the liner or chin strap are original to the helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My one and only M35,, Waffen SS ??
    P
    Many

Thanks for the replies gents,, ok I am going to have a "blonde moment" here Did the Norwegians have these type of helmets also during that time,, and are there any more facts that might support the 2 numbers on the inner Rim? Did the Norwegians have these same markings also?. Since it was stated that this might be a German helmet but from a branch unknown,,is there any more support what the author A. Hayes wrote in his reference pg 117 concerning the same " Q64" on the side of the helmet?
    Im not looking to start trouble but just want to dig into this a little more. There has been interesting answers so far and I mostly am clueless with these markings. I guess what catches the eye mostly with new collectors back then and even now,, is the "Flaired out shape" of the helmet. Its amazing that these can be faked. Any more thoughts on the number markings? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The Norwegians used original German Helmets post war, they either resprayed them with the original paint underneath or stipped them back, the liners were original but were dyed red which over time is a real pain to remove, the markings are that of an original Quist manufacture

It's an original M35 WWII German shell. The liner is Norwegian as others have said, paint may be to. I don't think the chinstrap is WWII era, looks like a reproduction, does it smell old?

Corey

?

"Unique Imports"! Now that brings back memories! I bought my first German tunic (M44) & K98 bayonet from them back in '73 or '74. I think I paid $35 for the tunic & $12 for the bayonet.I already had two original German helmets so I didn't buy one of their's. I skipped lunch at school for most of the year and saved up all my lunch money to buy the tunic & bayonet. My mother was pissed when she found out but she got over it. The tunic & bayonet are long gone but I have pictures of them somewhere. And somewhere, I still have the catalog I ordered them out of... In the same catalog they had original SS zelts for $80!!!!!! But one of those was out of my price range back then. The strange thing was, when I got the next catalog from them, they didn't have anymore SS zelts but they did have new-made SS helmet covers made from original SS cloth! I wonder where all those helmet covers are today...

Mike

Well at least its German...yes Corey it has that old faint leather smell to it,, and BTW I put the black lace on the helmet liner way back when. I would of never of known what they did with the surplus of helmets after the war. Well regardless although its not original SS it still enhances a collection room as a nice accent. I really thank you for all of your replies as I have learned something today. Too much "Hogans Heroes " captured my imagination. back then. ..Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The chinstrap does not look bad IMHO.

Regards, Lars

Nothing new on this thread since it was started , but by request I brought it back to the top.

I didn't realise I had already commented here Larry, must be losing the plot a bit I remember seeing it now. Thanks for bumping the thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2