Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

named m42 sd ss combat helmet

Article about: Hi all just checking out this ss helmet that paul hogle is selling comes with a coa from bill shea. I like it just wonderi g what you guys think. also were these worn by the waffen ss? . Bac

Default named m42 sd ss combat helmet

named m42 sd ss combat helmetHi all just checking out this ss helmet that paul hogle is selling comes with a coa from bill shea. I like it just wonderi g what you guys think. also were these worn by the waffen ss? . Back skirt stamped ckl 64. Size 64 lot number 2871. Cheers lads

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement named m42 sd ss combat helmet
    P
    Many

Pity about the chinstrap. What has happened to the decal?
    Has it melted or been touched up..... odd.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Apparently the et produced decal was filled in with a white finish the same finish was used to write his name on the skirt. It isnt known If they were done at the same time

Hi, I have seen other examples where decals have been period "touched up" with paint and this may well be one of them. Personally for me, they do not "float my boat" and I would pass on it, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am sure that this one would be much cheaper than an un-messed with example. I would contact Bill directly and confirm that this is one he has handled ,as I am sure any faker could knock up a certificate with his name on it. Leon.

Pretty sure I remember this one on therupturedduck.com ----I also remember this same story about the decal being period touched up/painted. Just from an aesthetic viewpoint it's not really one for me either, I would need a pretty low price compared to an untouched one.

?

I know this helmet, it is original. The painted/touched up part of the decal is debatable, for me it's been done postwar as there are many examples of postwar shield or runes painted touch-ups. I owned one and had the white paint professionally removed (the paint was postwar done) and revealed a great shield beneath-why he did it I will never know. But this helmet is a good one.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    cheers!

?

Oh yeah, I remember this one alright. Touched up ET pattern decal for me.

Samir