Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

Article about: There's nothing wrong with relic helmets, 5 of my 6 lids are ground dug. To have this collection as non relic would have set me back easily \\$15000 I reckon so for the collector on a budget,

Default Re: cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Photos??????
    here you go adrian best even i can do
    Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?
    P
    Many

well I got the funniest reply ever after my offer:

hello.i,m sure when you write this mail to me you still where to drunk since newyear selebration to understand what you are writing.you may offer to me for 40 eiro in such condition ss helmets as many as possible-i would like to buy them all!I don,t have to proof nothing to you-you are out of disscussion.forget my mail.
    seems a bit naive...

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    here you go adrian best even i can do
    Thank you Tom, I was at work and can't access auction sites from there.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by brataccas View Post
    well I got the funniest reply ever after my offer:

seems a bit naive...
    What a twat. The seller of course

Seem like he was dropped on his head as a child for even asking that price....sadly someone might buy this helmet for 190 euros

Somebody more than likely will buy it at that price and he knows it.That's why the p---off attitude.

Interesting that most of those posting here are deriding the seller for his price-surely his business after all no-one has to buy it! I am not surprised by his reply having been offered less than 25% of its listed price. It seems to be a genuine relic and at least the damage appears consistent with the overall wear on the helmet. There is a market for relics so he may well get his price. If not he may in time reduce it. I could find no negatives in his feedback so not sure why he is seen as untrustworthy. I have no connection to this seller but without them we as collectors would be pressed to find items for our collections.

Happy New Year

Mark

mark i hope i don't seem rude but 190euro is 85% more than what should be paid for relics especially considering that damage as its getting shipped the chances are if you open the box you will just find bits of metal and no helmet from all the bumps and bangs. his attitude is not one of a respected dealer. i personally wouldn't trust a person who has replied in that manner just my opinion have a good year

I think the seller has thought about the helmet as an SS item, and not a battlefield relic hence the steep price. As we all know SS items are amongst the most expensive out of German TR Militaria.

Maybe he'll reduce the price in a while if no one buys it.

Thanks

Danny

?

Quote by Mark Holden View Post
    Interesting that most of those posting here are deriding the seller for his price-surely his business after all no-one has to buy it! I am not surprised by his reply having been offered less than 25% of its listed price. It seems to be a genuine relic and at least the damage appears consistent with the overall wear on the helmet. There is a market for relics so he may well get his price. If not he may in time reduce it. I could find no negatives in his feedback so not sure why he is seen as untrustworthy. I have no connection to this seller but without them we as collectors would be pressed to find items for our collections.

Happy New Year

Mark
    I agree with Mark on this his comments are spot on , i am a collector and sometimes seller of relic Helmets and whilst the 190 Euro is probably over the top for this particular lid , Relic SS helmets are changing hands depending on condition for considerable sums of money . If this was my helmet to sell 190 euros would be as i've said probably too much but if someone offered me 40 euros i too would be insulted and my reply might have been the same . The Helmet is SS and a well fragged relic which to some collectors makes it even more collectable so Tom's claim that it is 85 % over price is way off the mark !!

The days when SS Relic lids could be picked up for nothing are gone i'm afraid !!!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast