Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

Article about: There's nothing wrong with relic helmets, 5 of my 6 lids are ground dug. To have this collection as non relic would have set me back easily \\$15000 I reckon so for the collector on a budget,

?

Default Re: cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

Personally I wouldn't have a ground dug relic helmet if you gave it to me. Regardless of what outfit it belonged to.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?
    P
    Many

I belive Paul is right - sadly SS helmets are very expensive and hard to find. If You know from where can but such relic SS helmets for 40-50 euro please let me know and I will buy 5 helmets immediately:-). Even relic Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe helmets are often sold for 100 euro and more.

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    I belive Paul is right - sadly SS helmets are very expensive and hard to find. If You know from where can but such relic SS helmets for 40-50 euro please let me know and I will buy 5 helmets immediately:-). Even relic Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe helmets are often sold for 100 euro and more.
    Good point Frundsberg , your right , if i could find SS Relics for that price i would buy the lot !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

I agree with Paul and Mark as well. I dont mind a good relic myself, and I i know from experience they sell well. At the militaria shows I attend as a dealer, I have moved on all my relic lids easily, damaged or not. All relics are getting expensive, as well as added postage, they are starting to push the price quite high, but people are willing to pay for something guaranteed to be genuine.

I agree what the seller is asking is high, but its SS and damaged and as Paul said, to some more collectable. He can ask what he likes and someone will pay for it at the end of the day. I might have replied alittle differently to the cheap offer put down, but I still would have been insulted.

i have to go against the grain here..its up to the seller what ever price he wants to put on any item just have a look at the classified section you'll see massively over priced helmets ...you see it day in day out, some sellers are cheaper and fair, some push there luck but still get sale's...i've bought from the person in question and yes i paid over the odd's for 1 helmet but over all he's a good guy who has got rave reviews in the past for his exploits in finding stuff and KIA'S...
    wayne

Well, can You then name 1-2 dealers who are selling SS helmets for less? SS helmets are not made of gold or silver so they do not have "fair" or "unfair" market price. You can get SS helmet for nothing (when You are lucky and will find it Yourself or for example buy it from a person who just wants to get rid of such stuff) or You can also pay $5000 and more. I think that 190 euro for a such helmet is overpriced and I will just not buy it. But I'm not also blaming seller for asking such price. And if I was the seller I really see no reason why i should sell it for 30 or 40 euros.

?

Everything is worth what your wiling to pay for it.
    I actully thought that was a good price, But then again I would be surprized to see an ss helmet regardless of condition sell for 40. thats just to good to be true.

Best regards,
    Patrick

OK i went to normandy about 7yrs ago on a 5 day trip and went into the crappy shops they have selling to the tourist's..
    i saw a helmet worth about £20 on ebay it was priced up at $110 this pot bellied yank walked up to it..i tried talking him out of buying it saying it was MASSIVELY overpriced..His replie was ITS NORMANDY helmet i blinked and he was buying it.............

Quote by wj2373 View Post
    OK i went to normandy about 7yrs ago on a 5 day trip and went into the crappy shops they have selling to the tourist's..
    i saw a helmet worth about £20 on ebay it was priced up at $110 this pot bellied yank walked up to it..i tried talking him out of buying it saying it was MASSIVELY overpriced..His replie was ITS NORMANDY helmet i blinked and he was buying it.............
    thats normandy though you can sell anything there just by saying dug up

HAHAHAHA so bloody true but i'll be going back this yr

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast