Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

Article about: There's nothing wrong with relic helmets, 5 of my 6 lids are ground dug. To have this collection as non relic would have set me back easily \\$15000 I reckon so for the collector on a budget,

?

Default Re: Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

Nice helmet and a good call not to remove the filler. It will not be possible to remove it without further damage. No it's not cool to use filler on such a helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?
    P
    Many

found an SS helmet for sale for just £375 why is it so cheap?

http://www.ukmsales.com/viewphoto.ph...518446&phqu=10

I thought ss helmets were worth 4 figure sums???

UKM sales.... all I can say is walk away, theres been a very large amount of fake/repro items for sale on that website.

Thanks

Danny

Hi,
    Great thread iv enjoyed the banter to, Thanks Glenn for showing your helmet collection,i collect relic battlefield helmets and have done for many years. All have a story to tell, i can buy a nice complete German heer, but can it tell me where
    it,s been !, a lot on the market are fake so i keep away from them now and stick with the relics.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Great thread iv enjoyed the banter to, Thanks Glenn for showing your helmet collection,i collect relic battlefield helmets and have done for many years. All have a story to tell, i can buy a nice complete German heer, but can it tell me where
    it,s been !, a lot on the market are fake so i keep away from them now and stick with the relics.
    Dave.
    That is well said Panzer 3. That is mainly why i love relics and digging them. I know where they have been. There is also something else about them i can't really explain.

Regards

Lars

I have also heard bad things about UKM. Was it not this site that had the helmet with the 'SS2' decal on it? Gave me a chuckle.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    That is well said Panzer 3. That is mainly why i love relics and digging them. I know where they have been. There is also something else about them i can't really explain.

Regards

Lars
    Maybe It's the questions you ask yourself whilst holding a relic in your hands.What if?,could it have been?,I wonder if?
    I feel relics are a personal thing,conects you with a time,place,person(sometimes).
    Good on ya Lars

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I have also heard bad things about UKM. Was it not this site that had the helmet with the 'SS2' decal on it? Gave me a chuckle.
    Thats the one, dodgy as a 3 bob note!

I also note the link that Brataccas posted is to a reissue DD M40...yeah right!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7