Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS

Article about: Used hot water soaked paper towel to soften it then some very intricate work with a sharp bench made pocket knife. Was hoping it would be a little better but at least it's legit. I have no d

?

Default Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS

I am very new to collecting helmets so i am just now learning everything I can about configurations and decals. I only own a couple and this makes the third. The other two are a M42 no decal, and a M40 Luft. My dad came across this M42 and gave it to me for Christmas. I know there are no double decal M42 SS helmets unless they are police reissue from what i have read here and elsewhere but were there any other reissues that could have been made into double decal SS helmets?? This M42 has the SS runes on the right and has a party shield OVER what appears to be a Kriegsmarine decal on the left! Its an ET68 lot number 2576 Im not getting my hopes up but want some opinions on the decals please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS   Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS  

Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS   Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS

Here are some more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS   Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS  

Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS   Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS  

?

Default Re: Need help discerning what I have appears to be M42 Kriegsmarine made into double decal SS

The party decal is too long; the red portion too big from other pics I have found so I am thinking it is a fake. But like I said i am so new to this I wanted confirmation

Sorry to say both decals are fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It would be interesting to see what the adler decal under the fake party shield looks like, though why anyone would put a fake decal over an original one, so it is probably also fake and part of the attempt to fool with this.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It would indeed be interesting to see what the (possibly original) decal looks like
    under the fake one. Can't say how easy or difficult it would be to remove
    the fakes without harming the other decal (if it is good)
    or the helmet itself.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It's a shame that someone had to go and ruin what might have been a perfectly good Heer decal.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    It would indeed be interesting to see what the (possibly original) decal looks like
    under the fake one. Can't say how easy or difficult it would be to remove
    the fakes without harming the other decal (if it is good)
    or the helmet itself.........
    It might come off with hot water if it's a crappy waterslide decal, which would not harm an original and if both come off, that would answer the question.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Guys thank you for the input. My next question was going to be how do i remove the fake ones without screwing up the original decal

?

Also the exposed portion of the decal under the party shield appears gold in color. Would this mean Kriegsmarine or is it just discoloration?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast