Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help! SS helmet authenticity

Article about: Been offered this helmet , i know that the ss didnt have double decal m42 helmets but have read that there are some police helmets were reissued to Foreign ss troops with the ss decal put ov

Default Need Help! SS helmet authenticity

Been offered this helmet , i know that the ss didnt have double decal m42 helmets but have read that there are some police helmets were reissued to Foreign ss troops with the ss decal put over the police decal, most likely both decals are fakes but just wanted a second pair of eyes to look at it there looks to be a alot of wear around the decals from work to age the decals ?, thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help! SS helmet authenticity   Need Help! SS helmet authenticity  

Need Help! SS helmet authenticity   Need Help! SS helmet authenticity  

Need Help! SS helmet authenticity   Need Help! SS helmet authenticity  

Need Help! SS helmet authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help! SS helmet authenticity
    P
    Many

The SS decal is a fake
    D.

With the caveat that I am no expert on these my observations are that the discolouration arond the decals is disproportionate to the rest of the helmet, I can see no sign of an underlying polizei decal and what's going on with that green colour? Maybe my monitor but it just looks wrong.

The helmet bods will be along shortly as you well know but I don't like it.

Regards

Mark

PS See what I mean above? too slow
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-21-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: ps
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you both , thats what i thought but was hard to tell due to the wear on the decals

There really would be no need to damage the decal area's like that unless something was being hidden, for sure, fake decals slapped on a relic shell. Leon.

No doubt , fake decals.

Thank you all