Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help - SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium. Assuming it is a fake. Thanks

Article about: by ajsell My wife actually spotted it and bought it. When she got home she was all excited to show me what she found for me. As soon as she showed it to me, I was sure it was a fake. No bigg

?

Default Need Help - SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium. Assuming it is a fake. Thanks

Need Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  ThanksNeed Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help  -  SS helmet i picked up at a flea market in Belgium.  Assuming it is a fake.  Thanks
    P
    Many

As someone who doesn't study these at all, I'm going to say your hunch is right. The helmet's proportions are very odd, particularly the skirt, which looks as if it's been shortened or cut down. That might just be my eyes, though. The decals are positioned far too low, and the runic decal seems to have an odd 'wave' in it on the bottom left side. The liner rivets look far too large, but not certain about that. Can't speak for the liner or chinstrap, but going on the shell I wouldn't hold out much hope.

B.B.

?

A new looking tear on the SS decal with rust over it already, same for those ugly-fake tears on the national shield.
    I think B.B. has already summed it up about those weird proportions.

Not a chance, Imo.

Regards,
    Bas

Unfortunately the entire helmet is a reproduction. The shell itself is not even original. Maybe the aluminum liner band is period, but the leather has been replaced post war

Quote by real steel View Post
    Unfortunately the entire helmet is a reproduction. The shell itself is not even original. Maybe the aluminum liner band is period, but the leather has been replaced post war
    David's post says it all.

The split pins are definitely too bulbous and the air vents too small and pinhole like. And I'm not even sure the liner is real leather.
    Looks like some weird sawdust finish?
    Hope it was not expensive.
    Nick

A chinese one?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    A chinese one?
    Yes they tend to be manufactured in China. You can pick them up for a few euros from Aliexpress I believe.

On a brighter note... at least the table it is resting upon looks genuine enough.

?

My wife actually spotted it and bought it. When she got home she was all excited to show me what she found for me. As soon as she showed it to me, I was sure it was a fake. No biggie, just cost 125 Euro. Lesson learned for her

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast