Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover

Article about: by dougb danmark i don't have time to give a 4 paragraph dissertation on each "is it real" thread posted and if asked i am happy to oblige. And there are plenty of members who can

Default Re: Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover

Not good. Photo 4 is a dead give-away. Look at the nice clean white threads on photo 4. No wear or tear, where it should be worn the most. IMHO the cover has been boiled and worked on with sanding paper. Don't think the helmet and cover have been married very long, my geuss is they simply put the aged cover on a suitable (semi) relig lid and voila; you have just made some nice money. That is if they can find a buyer for it, and the buyer is not a warrelics member whom double checked the lid and cover by showing it here!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover
    P
    Many

?

Danmark I don't have time to give a 4 paragraph dissertation on each "is it real" thread posted and if asked I am happy to oblige. And there are plenty of members who can feel free to elaborate as you did, thank you for that.

The clips are fake, the fabric is postwar and the camo pattern is incorrect, the helmet is postwar repainted, liner is added. Cheers
    Doug

?

Doug, I fully understand that mods have neither the time nor the patience to point out the same things again and again.
    Danmark, the above being said, thanks for the rundown. As Doung mentioned, most often other members will elaborate.
    NB
    Fake or not (and I now have no doubt its a fake BTW), its a scary good looking rig!

?

I have the patience just not the time ;-)
    I also think its good for others not just mods to provide their expertise as well, that's what a forum is all about, sharing of knowledge.
    Also if someone simply posts "is it real" which is usually followed by "how much is it worth", does it deserve a much longer response than a simple yes or no?

In this case I just offered a simple response and figured many members would be able to elaborate.
    Cheers
    Doug

?

Agreed on all counts.....also the question marks

Hello all,

My post was done late last night so I was a little short in my response........sorry.

I do understand ALL the reasons given for responses long and short and I realise the added difficulty of pointing out all the issues to someone... the time to do so, helping the fakers get it right for the next time, why would anyone believe THAT is real, etc....

Thanks for your input ( and help I have received previously )
    Cheers, Dan

thank you everyone for your colaboration and your help, i never thought that the cover was originally worn with that helmet, i didn't like the liner so far and the helmet as well...my guessing was more about the helmet cover , i thought maybe the fabric was at least good..but now i know that none is original, i never wanted to buy this helmet especially when the seller ask for only 1400 $ for a 100 % authentic waffen ss camo helmet + cover ..blabla ..lol now i've learned more about helmet cover !! thanks again guys !!!! i will offering him 200 $ for the all rig

Like maybe 90% of all Militaria collectors i can't afford a real SS helmet cover, but at least a copy with real wartime fabric will do the trick...on this next one the seller claims it is made of real fabric, your opinion on this one...just on the fabric (made out of a real Zeltbahn ) ?

thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover   Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover  

Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover   Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover  

Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover   Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover  

?

I doubt its made from a zelt, Ive owned a few zelts and SS covers, smocks, etc but I do not consider myself an "expert" on SS camo materials.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hello all,

My post was done late last night so I was a little short in my response........sorry.

I do understand ALL the reasons given for responses long and short and I realise the added difficulty of pointing out all the issues to someone... the time to do so, helping the fakers get it right for the next time, why would anyone believe THAT is real, etc....

Thanks for your input ( and help I have received previously )
    Cheers, Dan
    NO worries Dan, all in a days work LOL
    Cheers
    Doug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast