Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need to Know

Article about: Hi I posted about helping me Id a helmet The M-40 DD SS Q66 and Your Feed back was Great not to mention VERY Educational... But I was Wondering What would the Value Be on this piece I have b

Default Need to Know

Hi I posted about helping me Id a helmet The M-40 DD SS Q66 and Your Feed back was Great not to mention VERY Educational... But I was Wondering What would the Value Be on this piece I have been told some Ridicussly low Values. I Think some are wanting it and telling me its not worth any thing... I am not really wanting to sell it but Just want info so I don't look Stupid... I believe some are trying to get it for Nothing and turn a huge profit...Need to KnowNeed to KnowNeed to KnowNeed to KnowNeed to KnowNeed to KnowNeed to KnowNeed to KnowNeed to Know

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need to Know
    P
    Many

?

If this one were mine, i'd be asking $2500-$3500.

?

I don't mean to get into your business but what kinda numbers were u getting?

I have the exact same TV trays. I just don't have a double decal M40 SS sitting on mine. Value wise, I have no idea. Samir knows what he is talking about when it comes to values, and it's not a frequently seen helmet, but I wouldn't pay $3000 for it. I'd rather buy a much nicer helmet for that amount of money, but that's just my personal preference.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I have the exact same TV trays. I just don't have a double decal M40 SS sitting on mine. Value wise, I have no idea. Samir knows what he is talking about when it comes to values, and it's not a frequently seen helmet, but I wouldn't pay $3000 for it. I'd rather buy a much nicer helmet for that amount of money, but that's just my personal preference.
    Thanks for the compliment, but remember that's "if" it were mine, that's what i'd be asking. There will be some who disagree. I know some who wouldn't pay no more than $500. It's a DD SS and I think it deserve$ that extra love. =)

If you want to use us as a free appraisal service, at least contribute to the Forum and become a gold member.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

First of All Thanks for the Feed Back I was asked If I would take any where from $400-$1100 I was just asking the ???? so I was a little more educated... Second I My intention was not To use this Group as a FREE Appraisal Service This Forum Has Been Very Helpful to me I enjoy History of WWll,The Civil War and others. I was looking at becoming a Gold member But I always test the waters before I swim With Sharks.... BOB...
    Thanks to everyone that was Helpful its appreciated
    Tommy

Hi Tommy , I think the top end offer you received is a fair offer given the condition of this piece(it's not me by the way!) I could see it making a touch more but I personally would not go to much higher. Leon.

I'd be inclined to agree with Leon here too. $1100 is not that far off the target from what a Seller would offer for it. Remember, that most Sellers will generally give in the 50% range for something they are buying and usually double it when they offer it for sale. It sounds like a lot, but that's the norm in many hobbies and not just in this one. This helmet is in the grey zone between being a relic and a solid helmet, so $1100 is a reasonable offer and if I were looking for a buyer, I would seriously consider this offer.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Tommy Burgess View Post
    First of All Thanks for the Feed Back I was asked If I would take any where from $400-$1100 I was just asking the ???? so I was a little more educated... Second I My intention was not To use this Group as a FREE Appraisal Service This Forum Has Been Very Helpful to me I enjoy History of WWll,The Civil War and others. I was looking at becoming a Gold member But I always test the waters before I swim With Sharks.... BOB...
    Thanks to everyone that was Helpful its appreciated
    Tommy
    If your in a rush to sell then don't expect much. If you don't mind waiting, then advertise in the e-stand section and wait it out for the right buyer. That's how I get top dollar for my SS helmets.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast