Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on this unused SS decal!

Article about: This decal has been a part of my friend Rons collection for all the years of him collecting. He got this decal back in 1946 and was told it was cut from a sheet of unused SS decals after the

Default Need opinions on this unused SS decal!

This decal has been a part of my friend Rons collection for all the years of him collecting. He got this decal back in 1946 and was told it was cut from a sheet of unused SS decals after the Russians took over a Waffen Factory. The person he bought it from sold him three of these decals. The one that Ron still has has some sort of stamp on the back looking like it shows how to place the decal so that it would be perfectly placed. I really was opinions on this one guys. I did the magnifying test and it's not modern day printed. I have a repro SS decal and this one looks way different then the repro. I'm curious what yous guys think, I'm going to try and take a picture of the one that Ron has with the placement lines on it at a later date.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinions on this unused SS decal!   Need opinions on this unused SS decal!  

Need opinions on this unused SS decal!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on this unused SS decal!
    P
    Many

Love to see a whole sheet of these strait from the factory

?

Its a classic type fake i'm afraid.

Was such a fake even available in the year 1946? Just goes to show once again...buy the item, not the story.

?

I am sure it could be possible that they were still making these in 1946, they were still making SA daggers during the occupation to sell to GIs. So it is likely that it could happen. As for this one this a modern fake

?

I believe the decal in question will be found in this rogues gallery:

German-Helmets.com

Regards
    Brett

Hi, sorry to say it but this is a definite fake. The width of the runes is incorrect for any type of SS decal, also the runes placement within the shield are incorrect. A terrible attempt at an SS decal if the truth be said, and as youthcollector quite rightly said, "buy the item, not the story". If the seller is selling this with that "provenance" punch him on the snout! Leon.

?

Are we looking at your fake one as theres no placement lines there as far as i can see!!!!???

?

This is a known old fake decal printed well before modern inkjet or laser print. There is no magnification "test" you speak of, you need to know what your looking at with respect to real and fake to discern the differences.