Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need opnion about this SS helmet

Article about: Hello collectors:What is your opinion about this helmet and decals?Thank you very much in advance.

Default Need opnion about this SS helmet

Hello collectors:What is your opinion about this helmet and decals?Thank you very much in advance.

Need opnion about this SS helmetNeed opnion about this SS helmetNeed opnion about this SS helmetNeed opnion about this SS helmetNeed opnion about this SS helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opnion about this SS helmet
    P
    Many

Need straight on macro shots of the decals but from what I see I am not optimistic. Jim G.

Model 1934 with pepperbox raised vent, not a pattern I'm that familiar with. The helmet was mainly issued for Luftschutz/Feuerschutz use. The decals I'm not so sure about, the swastika looks crocked and slightly offset in the white ground. Ihnenfütter looks correct for this type of helmet.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Model 1934 with pepperbox raised vent, not a pattern I'm that familiar with. The helmet was mainly issued for Luftschutz/Feuerschutz use. The decals I'm not so sure about, the swastika looks crocked and slightly offset in the white ground. Ihnenfütter looks correct for this type of helmet.
    This same pattern decal is shown in the Kelly Hicks book SS-STEEL-PARADE AND COMBAT HELMETS OF GERMANY´S THIRD REICH ELITE-1st edition-page 232.The swastika decals is very similar to the Pocher pattern in Hicks book,I am not a helmet collector and purchased this item for 15 or 17 years and think that in case it is really a fake it would fool many experienced collectors.Anyway I did not pay much money and like the piece.I will wait for more opinions when possible.

Hi, it looks from the "side on" image of the party shield that it has been applied over an already chipped area of paint work, I would be very cautious about these decals being period applied even if they are original myself, but as has been said already, good high resolution straight on images of the decals will help enormously. Leon.

Here is a textbook example of a Pocher decal I posted months ago. Your pics are not discernible. Since you have the helmet in hand, maybe you can compare the two
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opnion about this SS helmet  

Sharp eye there Leon - when you blow up the party shield decal you can see in the centre of the swastika it has been applied over a paint chip.
    This for me would also raise some doubts.
    But at least you did not pay too much money for it.
    Thanks
    Nick