Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

A new SS camo arrives. This one is pretty special.

Article about: ET 62 lot nr 3884 M35 DD SS Normandy camo named to SS Uffz. Malke, III Btn, 15 Ko, SS-LAH. This helmet is extensively published and is known among us SS helmet enthusiasts as perhaps the top

?

Default Re: A new SS camo arrives. This one is pretty special.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A new SS camo arrives.   This one is pretty special.
    P
    Many

Wow, this is just sooo perfect that I can't help thinking that if a total newbie had posted it with the usual 'found in my grandfather's closet' story that it would be slammed from all directions. To know that you Doug have in your hands the ultimate holy grail of the helmet collecting world just adds hope to the multitude of mere mortals who eternally search for that elusive 'woodwork find'.

Is this the best SS combat lid in existence? I'm thinking it is!

Great helmet Doug
    Question for you ,is there any sand camo, woodchip camo, chunky camo or any other camo types out there on SS helmets.
    Looks mostly Normandy camo or the very rare winter camo.
    chris

?

Hi CHris, check out my Wall O Helmets v2 thread here or my entire helmet collection thread on GHW2 in the Collections section. You will see a wide variety of SS camo helmets there. I used to own the Double Runic SS camo which used to be on the wall and that was a grey woodchip camo, that got traded to a friend of mine several years back. I am not a big woodchip chunky camo guy, it looks like the helmet is covered in grey puked up oatmeal to me, just from an aesthetic point of view and never grew on me. I think collectors just find the colours of the Normandy camo aesthetically pleasing and of course most of us are from the west, we identify with Normandy as THE battle of the war followed by the Battle of the Bulge, whereas the multitude of battles on the Eastern Front, southern fronts, etc take a secondary role. There is no question however that Normandy camos followed by Winter then DAK style in that order, in my opinion, are the order of popularity amongst collectors.

?

Pffffff.........

Show off.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi CHris, check out my Wall O Helmets v2 thread here or my entire helmet collection thread on GHW2 in the Collections section. You will see a wide variety of SS camo helmets there. I used to own the Double Runic SS camo which used to be on the wall and that was a grey woodchip camo, that got traded to a friend of mine several years back. I am not a big woodchip chunky camo guy, it looks like the helmet is covered in grey puked up oatmeal to me, just from an aesthetic point of view and never grew on me. I think collectors just find the colours of the Normandy camo aesthetically pleasing and of course most of us are from the west, we identify with Normandy as THE battle of the war followed by the Battle of the Bulge, whereas the multitude of battles on the Eastern Front, southern fronts, etc take a secondary role. There is no question however that Normandy camos followed by Winter then DAK style in that order, in my opinion, are the order of popularity amongst collectors.
    Thank you Doug
    chris

?

Oh hum its ok I guess.

Eric

?

NAH pawel nowak was selling one just like it a little while ago , I wonder if ,,,,????

Fake
    Outstanding, what a superb find, Doug.
    You must be proud to have this beauty.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    NAH pawel nowak was selling one just like it a little while ago , I wonder if ,,,,????
    Yea one 80% decal what do ya think Dave we'll wait for something better?

Hoss

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast