Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New SS helmet with HD paint

Article about: by helmet2id Regarding the FJ, I have some opinions as well, but not being an expert, I won't express them in order to preserve the peace. Jim I'm with you on the FJ.

Default New SS helmet with HD paint

Have you guys ever seen a SS helmet like this? HD stands for Danish Resistance at the end of war...strange no?

How does the SS sticker look?

COL RNew SS helmet with HD paintNew SS helmet with HD paintNew SS helmet with HD paint
    Last edited by discover; 12-04-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: photo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SS helmet with HD paint
    P
    Many

Default Re: New SS helmet with HD paint

No pictures loaded.

?

No way to tell on the validity of the helmet and decal from these photos but it appears they are from the same source as this bad SS

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...please-123045/

Well Ok ...but all the local people here have verified the sticker - I wasnt worried about that...I was concerned about the paint. If its so hard to tell from the photo if the sticker is good or bad why the assumption automatically that the sticker looks bad? it certainly looks different than the fake one you referred me to anyway. Just saying...

This Paratroop he,met came from the same guy with the above HD SS helmet. I have ten guys trying to get it from me but I dont want to sell it.New SS helmet with HD paintNew SS helmet with HD paintNew SS helmet with HD paintNew SS helmet with HD paint

SS decals are the easiest to fake, and the fakes are getting better by the minute. Unless you are 100% sure that the decal is good, if I were you I would verify that first, and only consider the balance of this incredibly rare helmet once the underlying platform is authenticated. From the pictures posted here, I would be very leery. Just my opinion. Jim G.

Pleople I trust have verified the sticker...the first comment they usually make is...well it certainly is old...it shows correct aging. But hanks for your expert opinions. And the Paratrooper?...I just want to share some photos of Authentic items ...I have letter from the family of the veteran I got them from...along with a minty P 38... and thats my expertise

What I wnated some info on was the HD. The family told me they thought it meant Home Defense ...which is funny since that is English, etc. THey said they played with it as childeren, etc.

Then a local collector told me the it was Danish Resistance....so would just like to get some feedback on the HD...do other collectors in UK have a helmet with the HD on it?

?

Im afraid that the statement "people i trust" etc sways little in the identification of a true SS helmet, age means nothing, that can be faked , youve had an opinion from one of the best collectors of SS helmets there is on the planet, i would ask , is the veteran still alive or is this a third hand letter from the family, secondly i would like to see close up shots of the M38 , liner, internal areas, makers marks on the helmet etc, straps and the rubber cushion, before making further comments

Thank you for your comments.

a local collector told me it was Danish Resistance....so would just like to get some feedback on the HD...do other collectors in UK have a helmet with the HD on it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast