Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?

Article about: Thanks loads mates.

?

Default Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?

Thanks loads mates.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?   Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?  

Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?   Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?  

Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?
    P
    Many

?

Runes shield lack the 'sparklies," and the wear seems odd, too.... Quick responses esp. Appreciated!

I am not a ss helmet expert, saying that i feel this one is not good. I would pass.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi, not a good one for me either. The decal is the right "type" for an ET helmet, but the bottom point of the shield appears to round, also the runes appear to end slightly to high, level with the shields break, rather than slightly below. The decal as a whole looks to have been heavily scrubbed in order to age it as well. Leon.

Round bottom fake, I would say.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The paint behind the runes, where there are holes worn into them, is an exact match for the rest of the helmet. Not conclusive per se, but typically damage to decals I've seen in my limited experience seem to affect the paint behind them too, typically turning those areas a rusty brown as the paint has been removed to some degree from the scuff. It seems odd for something to scuff the decal enough to rub clean through it, but not do anything to the paint underneath, nor for the paint to not have a different patina to it if it did. For the patina to be the same, it would have to be battle damage that aged with the rest of the helmet. But then we're back to the question of why the paint wasn't damaged.

imo not a good one.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this one, no decal expert, far from it, but the slight round bottom appearance appears to be a result of the cleaning process... then again I'm not all that familiar with the higher end fake SS decals. According to the seller it has had post war overpaint removed and it's also named to a Norwegian SS volunteer inside. Who offered you this? Hopefully Rask?

Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?

?

100% fake decal.
    Round bottom fake ET pattern decal. Textbook fake.
    Sorry but the dealer is telling you fantasy stories.

(Sorry I'm giving a reply some months later....)

?

interesting; WAFers held the same view then started questioning themselves saying things like it's likely a real ET thats been scrubbed, and it took a straight-on pic to know for sure. anyway thanks!

Quote by Joda View Post
    100% fake decal.
    Round bottom fake ET pattern decal. Textbook fake.
    Sorry but the dealer is telling you fantasy stories.

(Sorry I'm giving a reply some months later....)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast