Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?

Article about: Thanks loads mates.

?

do you gave someone in mind?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Maybe this is just me beating the proverbial dead horse here but I just heard back from Rask and this helmet is still in his possession and it's been up on his site for at least a couple of years --- seems someone has been trying to pull a fast one on someone here... such a strange thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Offered this sd m-40, what say ye?
    P
    Many

?

sorry: make that 'do you HAVE someone in mind?'

No idea what you're talking about, please explain in light of info provided from the actual owner of the helmet. IF someone told you they had this helmet and that they sold it after these recent threads were started then they were trying to scam you... you also specifically said that this was not from Rask and that you were just about to inspect it in hand--- what happened?

Nothing, again

?

admin reviewing this exchange and thread.

Because you just want to receive info and opinions and give nothing back? What exactly is unreasonable and requires moderation here... please advise.

Hi Guys.

OK, we have what appears to be an original decal, but not an easy call due to the heavy wear. I am undecided on it to be honest.

People save photos and then ask for opinions from others. Just because they send a photo to someone does not mean they own the item. Often people play things coy because the are frightened that if the item turns out to be good that someone else might jump in and buy it first.

Knowing the members who are posting in this thread and their integrity, I know that no one here is playing games.

If anyone is so keen to find out who owns the helmet at present, simply ask for a photo of the lid on todays newspaper.

Nothing more to add.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The helmet is owned by the proprietor of raskantik, the photos used here are his also. I am not asking anyone for the actual owner as I already know and also had this confirmed by Henrik last night. It's been up there for several years already. Neither am I interested in buying the helmet but I still think it's interesting and felt it worthy of discussing.

By outright denying that this was Rask's helmet Vady confused the issue and made it seem like there was a scammer posing as the owner of this helmet out there... not the first time I have seen this and thought it was a positive to be alert. Naive, I guess.
    This is when I inquired who it was that actually offered it up and later mentioned there was a possibility that someone had been trying to pull a fast one on him --- something which it appears the OP oddly enough took to include himself.

Of course, I considered the possibility of him wanting to omit actual current ownership out of fear of others going at it before him but continuing on making up things as the thread went along? Not something I considered at the time --- to each his own.

Maybe putting the item on hold pending authentication would have been a better way of handling this?

Yes, I got into this wanting to help putting the record straight, by both posting additional photos and providing some more info on a likely all good helmet that was getting a raw deal --- I do not think anything I said was unreasonable or out of bounds considering the info, misinfo or total lack thereof, provided by the OP. A waste of time, perhaps, but not unfair or unreasonable.

If the mods feel otherwise I apologize.

Well, whoever does/does not own this helmet I would still not touch it personally (maybe that's why it's been for sale for so long). As everyone else does, I to, fully respect and admire Doug's opinion about SS decals. That said, i still am not keen on the rune placement, who knows if the fakers have now not started to over paint and "scrub back" the infamous round bottom fake to hide it's characteristics. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Well, whoever does/does not own this helmet I would still not touch it personally (maybe that's why it's been for sale for so long). As everyone else does, I to, fully respect and admire Doug's opinion about SS decals. That said, i still am not keen on the rune placement, who knows if the fakers have now not started to over paint and "scrub back" the infamous round bottom fake to hide it's characteristics. Leon.
    There's more to an Original Runic shield than the bottom Leon :-)
    Even scrubbed this one breathes Original and also the lotnumber checks out.
    The problem it is not selling is because of its look , untouched helmets are the way to go.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast