Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42

Article about: Robert is a good guy! Doug knows him as well.

ETF
    ?

Default Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42

Is this helmet authentic or fake. Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42   Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42  

Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42   Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42  

Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42   Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42  

Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Oinions Need Opinions on this SS M42

This one might be alright

Hmmmmm very well could be but the decal is a good one, or a good repro. Lets see what other says.

These are a real mine field,but i like the over all wear to this peice.I think it stands a chance but wait for the ss experts opinion!!

?

I think it's a good M42 SS with tilted decal

?

IMO its a good EF, with an ET pattern decal. Decal appears to have been cleaned at some point in its life, maybe period or post war. Doug will give you a better idea on the decals condition. lets wait for him to chime in. thanks for sharing.

Samir

?

I agree with Samir, an ET decal that's been scrubbed on an EF shell. For whatever reason ET decals can be found on EF M42's with no rhyme or reason to pattern. For this reason you must proceed with extreme caution on these as I have found a super fake ET on an EF shell only ascertained by ADM examination and it fooled me at first, but I did not have the helmet in hand, was only sent a few ADM pics. Because this decals been scrubbed, and I see no other scrubbing on the shell anywhere in the pics provided, I would pass on this one unless you have an USB scope and even then I am not a huge fan of ET decals on EF M42's just from an aesthetic standpoint. It's like mixing black and navy blue together, you just don't do that fashion faux-pas!

?

Ed, just out of curiosity, who is selling these lids? They appear to be from the same source or is it my 86 year old eyes.

Samir

?

Doug, I always thought that the infamous highend fake ET decal was only found on M40 shells, had no idea they were found on EF M42's, thats very interesting (and scary). Would you recommend ADM? If it fooled you, then no one's safe!

Samir

ETF
    ?

Samir,

Your eyes are very good as both the M42 and M40 are being sold from the same source. Whether or not he got them from the same source I do not know but can ask him. The gentleman offering these for sale is Robert Iqbal in Syracuse, NY. He has a website called "Collector to Collector Militaria". I attached the link below.
    The helmets are not listed on the site but are coming out of his personal collection.
    Collector to Collector Militaria

I have the chance to buy one of these but I want to make sure that they are authentic.
    Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast