Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

old out building for chickens ss helmet find

Article about: Although it has set off some concerns here i stand fast on this helmet . you need a glass and the physical presence of this helm to understand the decal and how it melted into this helmet ex

Default Re: old out building for chickens ss helmet find

It would be interesting to know for sure, and worthwhile posting
    several better, clearer shots of this helmet to find out.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement old out building for chickens ss helmet find
    P
    Many

?

No new photos ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Guys, Gary has sent me this to post.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture old out building for chickens ss helmet find  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

What a nice round bottom
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Relic helmet that has been repainted with fake decal.
    chris

after some research and new pics also found believe this or not skin and a clump of black downey feathers attached to the skin at first i though it to be a piece of the wearers scalp as he got his top pierced by a 2 " piece of shrapnel anyway i posted this all wrong da the helmet is a sd m1940 et 66 production # 716 and looks to be a 0. the ss decal in question is slightly rounded as is all the scond pattern ss decals the runes is wider and different when you put the 1st issue runes along side it just the wqay they are supposed to be if you could look at the ss decal in the pic im displaying alongside you can note the simular ior exact design even the boprder has turned some vistages of white trace just l;ike some other m40 ss sd ive seen here the pitts are a real story teller and are completly absorbed in the decal all same weathering as whiole surface of helmet and should be inside back rear rim ss and owners name traditional with most ss combat units. decal has some tracews of silver amongst the body the boarder edge faded with a fake decal thats the first to chip away this on never chipped away it faded into the medal as the weather conditions took their toll found in a defunct chicken coop detmote germany 1975 i did a trade with a person for my jump boots field jacket and 100 in casdh i was a corpral in the 101st airborne division for bde 76 at the time. i cant get a pic up here ive tried till im blue in the face
    this helm was ne4ver really intended for sale i posted it to show it figuring i would take it off i put a price way over the actual value of a battlefield relic liner is still there and chin straps although brittle with some ears cracked off buckle fell away the helmet pins still there sound never tampered with all sound to me when i first oposted it i didnt know hopw to manuver around the site i also posted it as a m35 which made the decal really bogus lol but it is exact demensions and style with the second issue i stand firm until proven wrong im not that proud thanks

i must be blind explain round i do agree with the touchup paint helm should be completely rust brown but i fail to see the roumnd in bottom the second pattern is way rounded then the first oh well it didnt cost me anything back then a relic helm still sell for 100 bucks lol we get to soon old and to late smart.

after finding the exact decal on german helmets.com i fail to see the problem the decal body is worn and distorted trace the border lines that is exactly the same as their helmet sd ss powsted along side of a 1935 n it feel it is really impossible to fake it its to sunken in weathered qand wont rub off as i said the fakes are shiney they are weak usually if any adhesive is added they shin to get it exact on border is impossible to scrap or wear it so that the boader center have turned in color would be quite a feet i dont know if its a fake but i think like you this helm needs more the a amature thumbs down cause the see the bottom as rounded lol comnapre i would post more info i have pics of the other decals and inside and out pics of entire helmet but my forum browse wont work nor will the drag and drops. thanks for your time

This might be better examined over in the 'SS helmet' forum,
    not the 'Archaeology' section.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I agree Steve this guy needs the truth , i'll move it !!

1st July 1916

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast