Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

old out building for chickens ss helmet find

Article about: Although it has set off some concerns here i stand fast on this helmet . you need a glass and the physical presence of this helm to understand the decal and how it melted into this helmet ex

Default Re: old out building for chickens ss helmet find

no truth is your explainations clash with other so called professionals im told here that this second issue decal shouild soften somewhat at the break and come to a point at bottom at german helmets forum the experts say different they show exampels and say there were a total of 7 ss decals for helmets during ww2. they say the m40 et,s have a second pattern sd that softens at the break and is much more rounded so round in appearence. who is the so called pro,s here a difference in whats wrong and right isnt what i was looking for i macthed my decal perfectly with the one at german helmets .com and couldnt with what you have in the forum id think before you post what you feel is tiotally right to be more valid it could possibly bereak some hearts but furthermore cause the helm to be sold at a cheap repro price and the fakes will sell again as real or someone will have purchased a rel ss sd or double decal for peanuts. here are the german helmets ,.com pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture old out building for chickens ss helmet find  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement old out building for chickens ss helmet find
    P
    Many

Quote by sheri morrison View Post
    no truth is your explainations clash with other so called professionals im told here that this second issue decal shouild soften somewhat at the break and come to a point at bottom at german helmets forum the experts say different they show exampels and say there were a total of 7 ss decals for helmets during ww2. they say the m40 et,s have a second pattern sd that softens at the break and is much more rounded so round in appearence. who is the so called pro,s here a difference in whats wrong and right isnt what i was looking for i macthed my decal perfectly with the one at german helmets .com and couldnt with what you have in the forum id think before you post what you feel is tiotally right to be more valid it could possibly bereak some hearts but furthermore cause the helm to be sold at a cheap repro price and the fakes will sell again as real or someone will have purchased a rel ss sd or double decal for peanuts. here are the german helmets ,.com pics
    I am sorry to inform you, there are probably only a handful in the world that are as qualified or more than DougB to make a call on this with the photos that are provided.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am sorry to inform you, there are probably only a handful in the world that are as qualified or more than DougB to make a call on this with the photos that are provided.
    Ralph.
    Exactly, and we are lucky enough to have that gentleman here at this forum.

Jason

?

Believe what you will Sheri. Sadly these conspiracy theories of saying its fake, buying for a repro price and selling it for real has no place here. That speil belongs in the JFK sequel.

There is a lot more to SS decals and helmets than simple graphics! Which yours do not match a "second pattern" correctly. Just trying to help, not interested in an argument, cheers

Doug

?

Hi Sheri,

Welcome aboard! I'm gonna have to agree with Doug. Like he said, it's more than graphics.

Studying SS decals is not an overnight thing. It requires some serious dedication, physically handling them and lots of patience. I study these decals for the past couple of months, day n night, and I still have trouble getting it right.

As far as your example I'm afraid its not a genuine decal, but an attempt of the real thing.

Wish you lots of luck and thanks for sharing.

Regards
    Samir

?

Doug is being very diplomatic in his post above IMO.
    I will continue in that vein.
    Suffice it to say, that in my opinion Doug has saved a lot of people a lot of money and anguish.
    Those who who were smart enough to heed his advice, that is.
    Again, thats just my opinion.

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Doug is being very diplomatic in his post above IMO.
    I will continue in that vein.
    Suffice it to say, that in my opinion Doug has saved a lot of people a lot of money and anguish.
    Those who who were smart enough to heed his advice, that is.
    Again, thats just my opinion.
    When it comes to SS helmets, especially SS decals, Doug's knowledge is second to none! He has gone further than anyone else researching SS decals. For an example, pioneering the use of ADM (advanced digital magnification) which I am also studying. ADM is the last stop on the train for ultra highline SS decal fakes that even fool the best at this game and I thank him for that, because sooner or later these highline fakes would have found a place in everyone's collection, which is a scary thought!

Regards
    Samir

I appreciate people like Doug B and other experts on this site because they are serious collectors and don't like seeing people getting jacked! It's sad that there are dishonest sellers out there that will fake items. I can only hope that their wives/hubbys/gfs/bfs/bffs, are fake and screw everyone in town behind their backs! Just my humble opinion though...

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    When it comes to SS helmets, especially SS decals, Doug's knowledge is second to none! He has gone further than anyone else researching SS decals. For an example, pioneering the use of ADM (advanced digital magnification) which I am also studying. ADM is the last stop on the train for ultra highline SS decal fakes that even fool the best at this game and I thank him for that, because sooner or later these highline fakes would have found a place in everyone's collection, which is a scary thought!

Regards
    Samir
    Samir, very interesting info about the technology and the use to put at least some stumbling blocks in the way of high-end fakes and fakers.
    Its a nice reminder, that although we sometimes despair when facing a deluge of 'good' fakes ('good' as in closely resembling the real deal) and although fakers unfortunately get better at plying their tawdry trade, we also have advanced technology backing up decades of experience in telling a fake from a genuine item.

?

Absolutely! I agree! OK, i'll let you guys go, my damm chicken is burning! g/night guys. =)

Samir

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast