Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

old out building for chickens ss helmet find

Article about: Although it has set off some concerns here i stand fast on this helmet . you need a glass and the physical presence of this helm to understand the decal and how it melted into this helmet ex

?

Default Re: old out building for chickens ss helmet find

Quote by sheri morrison View Post
    no truth is your explainations clash with other so called professionals im told here that this second issue decal shouild soften somewhat at the break and come to a point at bottom at german helmets forum the experts say different they show exampels and say there were a total of 7 ss decals for helmets during ww2. they say the m40 et,s have a second pattern sd that softens at the break and is much more rounded so round in appearence. who is the so called pro,s here a difference in whats wrong and right isnt what i was looking for i macthed my decal perfectly with the one at german helmets .com and couldnt with what you have in the forum id think before you post what you feel is tiotally right to be more valid it could possibly bereak some hearts but furthermore cause the helm to be sold at a cheap repro price and the fakes will sell again as real or someone will have purchased a rel ss sd or double decal for peanuts. here are the german helmets ,.com pics
    It's all about opinions , but if i am going to outlay thousands on an SS Helmet i know whose opinion i would believe !! Doug offers his advice based on years of study of original SS Helmets in hand and due to his years of collecting and associations with other well know high level collectors this covers i am sure many hundreds of originals not a few photos on the internet !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement old out building for chickens ss helmet find
    P
    Many

?

Quote by sheri morrison View Post
    no truth is your explainations clash with other so called professionals im told here that this second issue decal shouild soften somewhat at the break and come to a point at bottom at german helmets forum the experts say different they show exampels and say there were a total of 7 ss decals for helmets during ww2. they say the m40 et,s have a second pattern sd that softens at the break and is much more rounded so round in appearence. who is the so called pro,s here a difference in whats wrong and right isnt what i was looking for i macthed my decal perfectly with the one at german helmets .com and couldnt with what you have in the forum id think before you post what you feel is tiotally right to be more valid it could possibly bereak some hearts but furthermore cause the helm to be sold at a cheap repro price and the fakes will sell again as real or someone will have purchased a rel ss sd or double decal for peanuts. here are the german helmets ,.com pics
    Oh forgot to mention , Gary why don't you use your own name instead of this one to reply to this thread ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Ouch, busted!!!!!!

I assumed Gary and Sheri were one and the same. Wonder why the need for a new name.

So, Gary/Sheri, it has finally come to this sad end.....

Whilst not condoning your actions on this forum, I admire your decision to make a clean breast of it......After all, the closet is a lonely place.

Regards and Goodbye, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images old out building for chickens ss helmet find 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quite ironic that a member named Aus der Traum 'likes' the above specific message

?

Whooow! Wait a minute! Sheri is really a Gary? A he and not the beautiful "she" I originally thought? and I burnt my dammmm chicken last night!

?

Gary/Sheri all we can do is judge a helmet by your less than adequate photos and description. From those photos I have explained what I (and most others) see is a round bottom, small white border, incorrect rune positioning and incorrect construction which despite similarities you see to a first pattern, in this case, an ET decal is incorrect. Your descriptions are incoherent and unreadable.

That said, your photos are among the worst I've ever seen for someone wanting to sell an SS helmet. And I mean THE worst. You come onto the forum with 0 posts, post a helmet for sale with brutal photos, at a ridiculous price. That combined with the free to I bought/traded for it changing Story, your writing style which leads me to think you did not get past grammar school, and your changing identities will make the membership believe there's a class A scam going on here.

But let's give the helmet the benefit of the doubt for a moment, in fairness to it because the photos are soooooooo bad.

First, is the lot number is 7160 or 716? You had mentioned a 0 after the lot number. What is the liner band date? You can find that on the inside left of the linerband (your left) of the helmet holding it with the interior facing you and skirt down. Is there a chinstrap and is it marked?

Next, it is clear you have a digital camera. Take the helmet outside on an overcast day. Set it 2-3 feet from you on a ledge or table with the sun at a oblique angle to the decal. Take your camera and turn it to the flower setting (macro, for closeup shots). Take a head on photo of the decal, in focus with no flash. Then take photos of the rest of the helmet showing left, right, front, rear, top and interior. Post these 7 photos or email them to me ( I will PM you my email if you request it ) and post them for you if you can't figure it out ( I admit, this forum doesn't use the most friendly photo posting interface and can take some time ).

I am more than prepared and never too proud to retract my opinion given new evidence. I realize my opinion carries great weight with SS helmets and I do not want to "damn" someone's helmet unfairly and should have requested better information/photos from the onset. Given the circumstances, ie, your selling, poor pics, poor descriptions, no posts, I stated simply what I saw from what was provided. Please provide photos ( never mind the descriptions) Gary/Shari that can confirm its authenticity or lack thereof from this forums perspective.

But from what's been provided thus far it's pretty easy to make the connection that there's something fishy going on.

Cheers
    Doug

?

I hereby retract my previous statement about Doug being diplomatic

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    I hereby retract my previous statement about Doug being diplomatic
    I am trying to be fair to this piece in all honesty and probably should have said without better photos it appears to be fake than stamp that as fake from the outset. The glimmer of hope I have for it is the lot number and that the pics are soooo bad it has caused severe distortion to the decal/helmet. Let's see what Gary/Shaeri can provide.

Cheers
    Diplomatic Doug

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast