Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One SS DD M17 Austrian Helm with strange mirrored runes (???) Opinions needed

Article about: Hallo there. I have seen these SS DD M17 Austrian helm with strange mirrored runes, could ist be original?? Many thanks

Default One SS DD M17 Austrian Helm with strange mirrored runes (???) Opinions needed

Hallo there. I have seen these SS DD M17 Austrian helm with strange mirrored runes, could ist be original?? Many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One SS DD M17 Austrian Helm with strange mirrored runes (???) Opinions needed
    P
    Many

Sorry the runes decal was not good the foto.One SS DD M17 Austrian Helm with strange mirrored runes (???) Opinions needed

Oh John Brandon many thanks, this signifies that ist a good helm, not a weird thing? I will put another foto of the runes.

Quote by John Brandon View Post

Be careful I didn't say yours was real, I was just pointing out they do exist..........I would wait for others, I'm not going to comment on what I am unsure of

Of course John, but has a chance maybe? ist not my helm anyway. Ist from a collector that not sell

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Be careful I didn't say yours was real, I was just pointing out they do exist..........I would wait for others, I'm not going to comment on what I am unsure of

MAP
    ?

As John pointed out...there are 4 known to exist outof 30 million. The chances that it is real is very low.

But I am not qualified by any measure to pass judgement. (However the paint is different than the ones highlighted in the other thread (which I remember well )

Wait for other members (like DougB, etc.) who are the foremost experts.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Best to wait for Doug who is one of the few who have physically handled these mirrored types.

Many thanks to all. Will wait for the opinions of more experts. Here ist another foto. but the real color is more like silver.

?

Sorry this is a known fake reverse Pocher rune and a fake party decal on an incorrectly painted helmet and wrong shell type. The real ones are a different shell, different color, different strap, Austrian reversed rune, and elongated Austrian police/party decal. This is one of the ones that copies the one I own which is the only published ones in Kellys book. I have seen similar fakes like this one before. Common for fakers to reference a rare helmet out of a book and try to cash in. Your friend should try and get a refund.

There are actually 3 known to exist, 1 in a museum in Eastern Europe, one in the thread John mentions here and 1 in my collection. I have heard of another in poor condition but never seen it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast