Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Opinion about SS helmet!

Article about: by big ned I don't think you've been looking in the right place. Either that or you're telling porkies. I compared it with originals Anything about the liner?

I don't know anything about german helmets, I collect US helmets, sorry that I asked for your help. Nobody is perfect and nobody can know everything about collecting

Greetings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion about SS helmet!
    P
    Many

?

................and thanks to Lars for posting the helmets.
    Valid constructive info.
    I especially like the para lid and the Danish vet helmet.

Bit touchy there....... but what I will say and it's been said time and time again. If you use the search bar and look at the pinned threads you could save an awful lot of time. Collecting anything German has its pit falls. But anything ss is a minefield

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Hello again,

I will just show our member what i mean and give him a chance for learning something. I'm not doing out arrogance or anything like that. This helmet was so obvious it's a shame he does not know how to tell the difference. After all that's part of what the forum is about.

This can save you money and time friend

Dug up Falschirmjager helmet with indention's like on the "SS" Yes it's my finger

Attachment 632517

Dug up M35 with decal and paint(Pskov front) No paint in the dents. Paint can bubble up but not appear in the dents of course

Attachment 632518

Attachment 632519

Clean NOT dug M42. Danish vet helmet. No dent, holes and what not

Attachment 632520

Attachment 632521

Regards, Lars

Thank you very much for post, very helpful!

?

Quote by Luxembourg View Post
    I don't know anything about german helmets, I collect US helmets, sorry that I asked for your help. Nobody is perfect and nobody can know everything about collecting

Greetings
    No worries man, if u ever need help on ss helmets we are more than happy to help if u are willing to learn. Take care n good luck on that illusive SS.

regards
    samir

?

Quote by Luxembourg View Post

Greetings
    No need to say you're sorry. I just tried to show something that applies to all helmets. This forum is not about mocking people.

I just hope you learned something from my post

Regards, Lars

?

Luxembourg, you need to apply the same logical methods to German helmets as you would US ones, if you saw a rust pitted US helmet with a half decent divisional sign with no apparent underlying damage and paint in the pits , your reaction would naturally be one of suspicion, use that suspicion to help you in your collecting, by all means ask questions but try and back that up with some reasonable research, I'm sure you do the same with your helmets, there is'nt a great deal of difference
    Good luck

I knew that there is something wrong with the helmet so I wanted to know what it is. I really want to say thank you people for your fast an great help!

I know that this will change nothing but here are some close up photos of the decals. I feel guilty to post them because of the bad pictures of the seller.
    The decals are at the same height like the paint, so no sticker. An I think there is the "original" paint under this paint.
    NOTE: there is a LITTLE bit of the new paint on the decals, not everywhere! The other paint you can see is where the decals are a little bit scratched away
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion about SS helmet!   Opinion about SS helmet!  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3