Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35

Article about: by DougB There's something funky going on with the runic decal. It's either been touched up or it's an outright fake applied over another removed decal. Party decal has similar issues, touch

Question Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35

This helmet is for sale on Weitze for 2.500.- EURO.
    Opinions about this, I think, nice helmet please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35   Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35  

Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35   Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35
    P
    Many

That's $3,850 Australian!!!!! All my taxes and utilities paid for a whole year!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

There's something funky going on with the runic decal. It's either been touched up or it's an outright fake applied over another removed decal. Party decal has similar issues, touched up - it appears.

While the price appears attractive for a DD SS M35, there are serious issues here.

Not to mention missing a liner.

At that price there must be more going on that it simply missing the liner and that hole in the side.

Strange hole right under the decal i don,t trust it.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    At that price there must be more going on that it simply missing the liner and that hole in the side.
    DD SS M35 are priced high usually. I see Shea just sold one of my old DD for $30,000. It was named, researched, photo of the man, and extensively published. It was not even in top condition, I've better named and researched ones.

?

I think I would pass on this one, apart from the other comments, something strange is going on in the dome, which suspiciously looks like a filler

Hi , well for me this looks as though the decals seem to have been over painted. Note how the runes are completely black ,yet the white pulver around them is scratched/marked?? Also the "pulver" is cracked , that does not look like laquer that has cracked to me , more like paint that has dried out! The swastika also looks to have been over painted on the party shield. I would say that it is possibly completely wrecked Q decals(as the type is correct) but more likely fake decals that have been played with? Either way I would pass at that price. ; Leon.

Quote by DougB View Post
    DD SS M35 are priced high usually. I see Shea just sold one of my old DD for $30,000. It was named, researched, photo of the man, and extensively published. It was not even in top condition, I've better named and researched ones.
    That's what I mean Doug, 2.5k euro is cheap as chips for such a nice condition shell, even with no leather and the damage. It made me think it's priced cheap for a reason, perhaps regarding the potential decal issues as you say.

?

Agree, gents. I would steer clear away from this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast