Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions please- SS M42 sd Helmet

Article about: Hello, I have been offered this helmet to buy. It looks like it might be OK, but I am no expert, and from what I have learned here on the forum so far, it very well could be a fake. I do not

Default Re: Opinions please- SS M42 sd Helmet

Looks like I'm learning well, this is certainly more use than half the stuff I was taught in school

Thanks

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions please- SS M42 sd Helmet
    P
    Many

?

LOL, hell they could have let me out after grade 3...reeding riting and rithmitic...good to go.

Quote by DougB View Post
    I think the first thing this helmet would say is "someone applied a fake Pocher decal to me and do not pay $200 for me".

The decal displays nothing of a real Pochers construction which it should in this state of decay should it be authentic, and the print of the graphics is incorrect. Add to that it appears to be applied overtop of the rust as opposed to the rust forming around and underneath the decal and this helmet should be yelling at you to run away!

For $200 you can buy a nice no decal helmet shell that is not a ground found relic btw and be 100% sure of its authenticity.

Thanks Doug, I am putting my running shoes on now.

This is why I stay away from SS items. And if I was "thinking about" buying something SS, like now, I would never spend one dime without first letting everyone here at the forum look at it, and give their opinions. I hate to get ripped, like most people do.

Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    I have always wondered this same thing about all these war relics we all collect.
    Maybe if we drink some of that stuff the other guys are digging up at that airfield dump the helmet might start speaking to us

Thanks

Danny

WWII collector
    ?

75%= helmet
    25% = decals

Would'nt it be a lot simpler to just say the shell is real and the decal is fake instead of introducing percentages when passing opinion on a helmet? The only time I've seen percentages used with helmets is when the owner is describing the amount of paint that remains on the shell.

Thanks

Danny

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Would'nt it be a lot simpler to just say the shell is real and the decal is fake instead of introducing percentages when passing opinion on a helmet?
    Yes, this 75%/25% thing makes absolutely no sense whatsover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2