Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original helmet SS fiberglass, probably for the parade

Article about: Hello everyone I bought this headset 1 month ago but a lot of shadow and mystery, can someone tell me what it is? and gave me information or others, here is the info I had, best regards Orig

Default Original helmet SS fiberglass, probably for the parade

Hello everyone I bought this headset 1 month ago but a lot of shadow and mystery, can someone tell me what it is? and gave me information or others, here is the info I had, best regards

Original helmet SS fiberglass, probably for the parade! Very rare . The emblem are still visible, interior marking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original helmet SS fiberglass, probably for the parade
    P
    Many

First of all I should say i'm not familiar with helmets like this so you will get a better opinion from others.

However for what its worth, this looks suspiciously like a complete fake to me. I especially don't like the lining, the stamp or the chinstrap, or any of it really. That liner really looks like someone has rubbed it with sandpaper to age it. The quality of the whole thing is low.

Were SS NCO's known as "Gefreiter" ? Thought that was a Heer rank for Lance Corporal. "Sturmmann" would be more appropriate for an SS marked helmet.

Also...these were normally worn by officers, not enlisted men from what I know
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Were SS NCO's known as "Gefreiter" ? Thought that was a Heer rank for Lance Corporal. "Sturmmann" would be more appropriate for an SS marked helmet.

Also...these were normally worn by officers, not enlisted men from what I know
    D.
    Quite right. Gefreiter was not an SS rank at all and it should be Sturmman (literally "Storm man" ie Stormtrooper) and for clarity; PFC /Lance Corporal / Obergefreiter would be Rottenfuehrer.

I am not au ait with these but I really don't like the chinstrap either. The rotating ferrule on the buckle frame and the hollow rivet holding the buckle just seem so wrong as does the cut and finishing of the leather part of the strap.
    It also seems odd to me that a parade helmet would have the decals obscured as if for field use and the paint colour seems very much like a NATO shade of olive green.
    But, as I say I am not au fait with these so just my thoughts really.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Having done a little research on the internet I am all but certain this is a post war East German fire fighters helmet fitted with fake decals, chinstrap and liner.

enhanced helmet , nothing interesting at all.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Having done a little research on the internet I am all but certain this is a post war East German fire fighters helmet fitted with fake decals, chinstrap and liner.
    You are 100% correct -a humped up post war fire helmet. Jim G.