Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Original SS helmet

Article about: Me again.. Two more I've come across which I do believe to be originals.. not 100% though.. what do you think folks. The milky background with the bronze patina and the rounded break to the

?

Default Original SS helmet

Me again.. Two more I've come across which I do believe to be originals.. not 100% though.. what do you think folks. The milky background with the bronze patina and the rounded break to the shield makes me think it's an original which I've read on DougB thread to be good sign of originality. I recommend reading if you're a novice collector like myself.

The price makes me doubt the originality as I've been told I should be paying double.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original SS helmet   Original SS helmet  

Original SS helmet   Original SS helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images Original SS helmet  Original SS helmet  Original SS helmet  Original SS helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original SS helmet
    P
    Many

Sorry to say the decal is fake. But good to show it here first

The decal appears to be a round bottomed fake.

Hi Marky, Where is the other, you said you had two ? Just keep posting them. I find looking at fake decals almost as interesting as real ones.

If that were an original ET or Q M40 in this condition you would be laying out about $5K if the owner was aware of what he had. So I don't know what the price is on this. You did not say.

It's another no Marky, a round bottom fake as stated, not a good one. Leon.

?

Another fake hahaha actually thought I found a good one. Seller wanted £2000 which I thought was the going rate £2000 -£5000 depending on condition. I bought very good fake for £150 few years ago so I'm shocked they're trying to sell fakes for £2000.
    I will list the second one now which I believed to be genuine too but it's very similar to this one so most likely fake as well. Seller wants £5000

Quote by marky View Post
    Another fake hahaha actually thought I found a good one. Seller wanted £2000 which I thought was the going rate £2000 -£5000 depending on condition. I bought very good fake for £150 few years ago so I'm shocked they're trying to sell fakes for £2000.
    I will list the second one now which I believed to be genuine too but it's very similar to this one so most likely fake as well. Seller wants £5000

The old "hook, reel and sinker" scammer routine. ....

1) Make up some fakes, test the waters to see reactions by asking low prices - most people, if they get a bargain cant help but tell everyone their good fortune ( I know I do )

2) If no-one screams foul or wants their money back, you use the funds to finance a couple more & sell them at higher prices - they are still cheap but "have" to be genuine - surely?

3) No return claims? ... well, you're home and dry now - so go for broke with a high dollar price - one or two more and you can disappear into the crowd all cashed up ........bastard!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Wouldnt buy one unless a bringback.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 12-19-2017 at 03:21 PM.